New to Corpus Christi

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

New to Corpus Christi

Postby SouthGeorgia44 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 am

Hey everyone, I'm about to graduate from college and plan on moving to Corpus Christi around Christmas. I'm a fairly new duck hunter, but I am excited to be heading to the area because I know it's good hunting. I figured I'd try to see if you guys could give me any advice about hunting down there. I don't have a boat or a dog, so I'm kind of limited. But I'm willing to work hard to have a few good mornings on the water. If any of you guys can help me out a little bit, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks
SouthGeorgia44
hunter

Re: New to Corpus Christi

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 am

PM sent! :welcome:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby SouthGeorgia44 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Would it be worth getting my hands on a kayak so I can have access to more off-shore spots? And what are your guys' advice on the public land down there. Thanks!
SouthGeorgia44
hunter

Postby CCducker » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 am

Yes a kayak would be useful but I warn you Corpus is EXTREMELY windy, I used to hunt out of a tan kayak many years ago and it was quite effective.
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby keill361 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 pm

I live here in cc but I don't hunt here I go some where else to hunt...but you need a 4x4 or don't mind walking I
With equipment.me I don't got a 4x4 so I got no choice but its a pretty good spot I guess
keill361
hunter

Postby SouthTxQuackSmokers » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 am

If you are still looking for some advice shoot me a pm. I live an hunt the Corpus area 2-4 times a week and I walk everywhere...
Life is like the tide, so just flow with it...
SouthTxQuackSmokers
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting