This is WHY!

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

This is WHY!

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:33 pm

"I love the old argument about is it good, not good to post up your spots. So you decide. We don't need a big internet blow up just you decide what you think.

I got a line on public hunting in Kansas. So I started like I usually do, google and google earth. Well google gave me a websight of an outfitter and I visited his picture page. Very nicely done. Big Canada gees, lots of Mallards. That is what I like.

So it begins. I search his address and get to the nearest area he could be hunting.

I read another article showing the goose spread he was using but most importantly it had a boat, the same boat on the outfitters websight. So in promoting his business he let the author take some photographs, ones that showed the terrain.

Mind you fellas I have been at this a while. I found a piece of the terrain that could be recognized by my eye on google earth. I found the exact spot on public land he is taking clients out to. $200 a man.

So I googled a little more and found a Forum from Kansas.

It is funny because one guy blabbed a whole lot about when where and how. I got all I needed in about 2 hours worth of google. The funny part is the other locals were brutal to him telling him to shut up. they warned of out of staters coming if the information got out. He HE-Hawed them.

So guess what. If I don't go to Arkansas I am going up there. I am going to pound the ducks and geese they put on the internet. I can't thank that guy enough.

So post away fellaas I am constantly trolling for a screw up. If I find it I will be headed that way."

A member on another site. This is not my work, but after this post I am done talking about it. I will leave it up to y'all.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Re: This is WHY!

Postby DuckMendenhall » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Not a good idea, period. Post up generic information, like East Texas Smack Down if public. When taking photos, I try not to have clues in the background of the photo, if by chance they do come out on the photo, they stay on my phone. And you wonder why I have not posted anything about this past week's adventure, well bc I was shooting video from my boat while scouting, and if you know the area, you will know exactly where we were hunting.

I am all for helping fellow hunters out...no doubt! I ask nicely to wait until the hunt is complete to snap a couple of photos. We all work hard for our "honey holes". It is flat out called respect...some people do not have respect, and yet the majority of us do.
Tight lines...
DuckMendenhall
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Matt your a SICK tracker.... I like it... On that note, when can you pick me up for a roadtrip to Kansas I will buy the beer or chocolate milk! Back on topic yeah no need to name spots, just go with some friends who know what they are doing long enough to read the birds and water and then find your own spots and take a new retriever kid hunting...
SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Wow, if that dont make it clear I dont know what will.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 am

Matt you got mad slillzz brah. I've found quite a few spots on google but nothing like that. :thumbsup:
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 am

Ole Matt is merely trolling bc he knows that Pouledeau and I leave for Kansas on 12/26 for 3 days of hunting, followed by 2 days in Oklahomo... Sneaky sneaky!! :yes:
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:14 am

For the win ... contest rules follow underneath ... Mojo, you're excluded from play.
Attachments
KS.JPG
I'll give you a landmark ... and 10 crispy C-notes if you can tell me the coords. of this field.
KS_2.JPG
Out-of-staters doin' work ...
KS_3.JPG
You don't need google, you need these ...
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:34 am

Mojo281 wrote:Ole Matt is merely trolling bc he knows that Pouledeau and I leave for Kansas on 12/26 for 3 days of hunting, followed by 2 days in Oklahomo... Sneaky sneaky!! :yes:

Haha, like I said, I didn't write that. I merely pasted it over here to show you what can happen.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby CutEm214 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 am

Awesome pics Pouledeau!! :clapping: I'd love to find my way into something like that.

As far as the pigeon feeders on here that love to volunteer info, I don't know if they will ever see the light. Most fall into two categories...1) those that are just too dense to get it, regardless of the facts OR 2) those that can hunt during the week and/or also have private property they can hunt. If you look at most of the guys that refuse to curtail the open forum talk, they are retirees that get to hunt Mon-Fri and could care less what kind of hell they're creating for us working stiffs on the weekend. :fingerhead:
CutEm214
hunter

Postby Duck_Happy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:29 pm

I found it but i think the drought has hit it pretty hard
20.0000° N, 50.0000° E
Duck_Happy
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting