Split Opener...

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Split Opener...

Postby cypressTX » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:33 pm

Howdy...this split outta let some birds rest and hopefully bring some more green down. Finished out the weekend with a couple of limits, some mallets and gads...only had one teal but am headed to quitman after the break...keep me posted on the bird report up around the area please...numbers were weak early last week but hopefully they qill pick up...let me kno whats happeining out that way...
cypressTX
Newb

Postby champion duck slayer » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:50 pm

hopefully some more of them quack heads will come on down before the december 11. It hasnt been to good around Quitman area so far but it will pick up before long and if not Iam going on a duck drive and chase them quackers down south to texas.
IF IT FLYS IT DIES IF IT DONT FLY IT DIES ANYWAY
champion duck slayer
hunter

Postby cypressTX » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:24 am

Sounds good, you headed cross that red river or what? I think we are going west for the weekend...see if we can't whack on um' for the third time out that way this year...but sure enough i'll be up in quitman on december 11...pigs, deer, and ducks(hopefully)
cypressTX
Newb

Postby champion duck slayer » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:08 am

not yet Iam going to stick around here for the opening weekend and see how it gose. might end up in the woods trying to kill me a pig or something
IF IT FLYS IT DIES IF IT DONT FLY IT DIES ANYWAY
champion duck slayer
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting