Anahuac Duck Hunting

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby freedog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:50 am

Anyone know how the duck hunting has been near the Anahuac Nat'l Wildlife Refuge?
freedog
Newb
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 am


Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby TxSwampStomper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:01 am

Good numbers, haven't been myself but got a few buddies that head out there. If the river dont pick up ill be hunting Anny next weekend.
TxSwampStomper
hunter
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby Mojo281 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 am

freedog wrote:Anyone know how the duck hunting has been near the Anahuac Nat'l Wildlife Refuge?

Go scout and see for yourself!! :fingerhead: Jesus... When are people going to stop joining this site just looking for handouts on information??
Every person here that can actually call themself a waterfowler spends hours scouting and finding their own birds!! You should do the same!

MOVE ALONG!
Make em hate it!!
User avatar
Mojo281
hunter
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: SE Texas

Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby TXWingStinger » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 am

Killed a 3 man limit the day after it reopened. Haven't been down that way since. Good luck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXWingStinger
hunter
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby Duckdogtrainer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Not bad. Unfortunately no scouting is allowed during hunting season. All scouting takes place two weeks before season so you will be hunting blind. Good luck.
Brian Johnson
(409) 460-2314
www.duckdogtrainer.com
Duckdogtrainer
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby Duck_Happy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Its really good down there atm went right before the split had strong number of birds and geese along with Dumb A$$es and it is sad that you cant scout it would tell you don't go to the res unless you have been in the past month due to the over growth there
Duck_Happy
hunter
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby Bib3773 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Good numbers on the south side of the Intercoastal bridge. Take the boat ramp turn, take a left (south) and park and walk.

I actually went ot the refuge a couple of days ago. About 25 mallards, 50 mottled, and a handful of shovlers on the backside of the Shoveler pond.
I rode my stick horse to the store, if felt like I walked the whole way....
Bib3773
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby devildog28 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:25 am

Just go and see for yourself!
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby duckhuntguy409 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 am

Why dont you people like mojo281 and company piss off. We joined this site for whatever reason we choose so we can talk about whatever we choose. Feel free to go somewhere else with your negativity. I can speak for myself when I went to Sealy tx couple wks ago and I'm from bmt to do some hunting. It just so happens my in-laws live out there and I hadn't hunted two hours west of bmt before Get a clue people and bk off of people trying to hunt in new areas of this beautiful state. Afterall it's ducks that bring us together anyway.
duckhuntguy409
hunter
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby Duck_Happy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:17 am

pms much?
Duck_Happy
hunter
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 am

Easy killer... We have all joined for duck hunting for sure but we all
Didn't join to give out handouts.. All the people who work hard on here get fired up because all the "guests" are checking what us as members are posting (lake names, bird reports, and hunting locations...). Duck hunting is about putting in the work and reaping the reward of YOUR labor! If the new guys who are getting offended would just take the time to scope out the locations of the very active members on the board and send them a PM about the certain area they wanna know that would be the proper route. I'm not saying your gonna get exact spots or honey holes but u will get ALOT more help that I'm sure. Chill out though boss! Callin out active members isn't gonna make the forum anymore enjoyable for you!
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
User avatar
Indiancreekducks87
hunter
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Farmersville, Tx

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby frydaddy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 am

hey guys it works both ways. maybe instead of jumping on some one publicly u cld send them a pm and offer help with info or a better way to ask there question. i mean whistling winngs asked a similar question about beaumont and nobody pissed in his cheerios.

all im saying is the nasty comments cld be sent thru a pm just as eazy as helpful ones can.
frydaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 pm

duckhuntguy409 wrote:Why dont you people like mojo281 and company piss off. We joined this site for whatever reason we choose so we can talk about whatever we choose. Feel free to go somewhere else with your negativity. I can speak for myself when I went to Sealy tx couple wks ago and I'm from bmt to do some hunting. It just so happens my in-laws live out there and I hadn't hunted two hours west of bmt before Get a clue people and bk off of people trying to hunt in new areas of this beautiful state. Afterall it's ducks that bring us together anyway.


You should go join the Internet scouting forum.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6922
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:58 pm

frydaddy wrote:hey guys it works both ways. maybe instead of jumping on some one publicly u cld send them a pm and offer help with info or a better way to ask there question. i mean whistling winngs asked a similar question about beaumont and nobody pissed in his cheerios.

all im saying is the nasty comments cld be sent thru a pm just as eazy as helpful ones can.

This is true but I just asked about a town instead of a specific WMA. Had multiple people PM and talked to them and all gave helpful advice and some even gave specific directions that I would never share with another person.

But the biggest difference between me and the OP is I have been here on this site since 2009, I'm a mod here, and this was the first and only post the guy made after joining a minute earlier. He's also never logged back on but probably just checks to see what was posted. This is a very specific instance of looking for a free handout rather than making this a worthwhile forum where people can interact. Guarantee if my post was my first and only one not a single person would of helped me.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9076
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby frydaddy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:38 pm

i wasnt taking a shot just using ur post as an example. and naming a city to me is the same thing as naming a lake or wma. i mean it only takes a map and look for the water close to town. i have asked for help from people directly thru pm and ur right WW people can people very helpful if asked the right way.

i guess i just dont get why people when reading a post they dont like, dont just skip on by it instead of taking time to type out a negative reply? if they just gotta say something crapy then send it thru a pm.
frydaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby CutEm214 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:49 am

Mojo281 wrote:
freedog wrote:Anyone know how the duck hunting has been near the Anahuac Nat'l Wildlife Refuge?

Go scout and see for yourself!! :fingerhead: Jesus... When are people going to stop joining this site just looking for handouts on information??
Every person here that can actually call themself a waterfowler spends hours scouting and finding their own birds!! You should do the same!

MOVE ALONG!


Problem isn't so much the people that ask the question as it is the jackwads that answer them on public forum. :no:
User avatar
CutEm214
hunter
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Anahuac Duck Hunting

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am

Crazy Matt wrote:
duckhuntguy409 wrote:Why dont you people like mojo281 and company piss off. We joined this site for whatever reason we choose so we can talk about whatever we choose. Feel free to go somewhere else with your negativity. I can speak for myself when I went to Sealy tx couple wks ago and I'm from bmt to do some hunting. It just so happens my in-laws live out there and I hadn't hunted two hours west of bmt before Get a clue people and bk off of people trying to hunt in new areas of this beautiful state. Afterall it's ducks that bring us together anyway.


You should go join the Internet scouting forum.



:lol: :lol: :lol: The way its been looking there would be more people using that then the honey hole
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
User avatar
stumpjumper1590
hunter
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Corpus Christi TX


Return to Texas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests