Froze out in the Panhandle

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Froze out in the Panhandle

Postby Fendertwin07 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Anyone else having similar issues? Lol
Any good ways to combat the ice. Never had to deal with ice before, looking for advice,suggestions, etc.
Fendertwin07
hunter

Re: Froze out in the Panhandle

Postby RedRaider11 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 am

A warm facemask!! Me and some buddies went out and hammered on mallards/wigeons, then snows, then sandhills at the begining of the month and the only thing cold on me was my eyes thanks to an expensive trip to Gander. Man, the panhandle is COLD compared to where I'm from.
RedRaider11
Newb

Postby txpanhandler » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Fendertwin07 wrote:Anyone else having similar issues? Lol
Any good ways to combat the ice. Never had to deal with ice before, looking for advice,suggestions, etc.

If you're hunting playas there's no real solution unless it can be broke up, which most around here right now that would be hopeless. We're having to wait this cold snap out on a couple places. So either go after some geese or sit by the fire :thumbsup:
txpanhandler
hunter

Postby mizly » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 am

I'm in the same boat. Gna go after some geese unless the ducks learn to ice skate
mizly
hunter

Postby Fendertwin07 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:35 pm

I Agree with you all the only body of water up here is not possible to hunt (TPWD property). I have been seeing a few geese but not enough where I am at. However in plainview about an hour west of me they are loaded with geese.
Fendertwin07
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting