Midwestern Beatdown - photodump in progress ...

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Re: Midwestern Beatdown - photodump in progress ...

Postby Bayou_Bowhunter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 pm

[/quote]

Scouting (not this year - we didn't have that kind of time off and they found them before we got there, last year, yes/not in the second location)/Calling (every time)/Dog work (when ours are allowed to be used - oh, sorry, my dog is retired at 13 years old, let me rephrase that as to not offend the children - when one of them chews his way out of the kennel in the bed of the truck, yes - and when the other is allowed).

They are however friends, who are locals, who run a guide service. Again, my apologies that's humorous. I could honestly care less. Hell of a lot of fun though ... thanks!

And. You're welcome!

[quote="WTN10"

Well you managed to skirt around my question, I'll ask more directly:

How much is non-friend rate versus what y'all paid? For calling only.

I am an objective party just trying to sort through this thread.
Bayou_Bowhunter
hunter

Postby Bayou_Bowhunter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

I can only imagine the PM battle going on between the 2 Mojos and pouledeau given that they aren't responding to him.
Bayou_Bowhunter
hunter

Postby txpanhandler » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm

You should have taken a Prius
txpanhandler
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 pm

No battles... He isn't man enough to say who he is. Just that he "knows all parties involved" in an epic trip. He knows some of the guides names, tells me they are mad, then I talk to them on the phone, and they could care less. Quite frankly these guys don't want the attention generated by this thread, as they have already made it and are more or less booked on return clients and referrals... Not to mention they have asked us not to talk about where we hunted.

They will be given credit in the video, as was planned with them prior to coming home, this thread was just means to build up interest in what was coming...
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Soooo guys.....when DOO we get see that video???
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Bayou_Bowhunter wrote:I can only imagine the PM battle going on between the 2 Mojos and pouledeau given that they aren't responding to him.

I've got much better things to do and I could give two ***** what any of you THINK ... key word ... THINK the intent of this thread, or it's construction method was. We're doing it. And you're not. So keep on posting up those trash ducks boys ... !

I answered your question directly, but the prices we pay are absolutely none of your business. If you want to hire the guide/friend/local, had you sent me a pm, I'd have sent you the information and you could have derived that information on your own. We were under very strict orders NOT TO publicize information surrounding the hunt at the request of the people we hunted with. If you find birds like this one day, you might understand that ...

Unfortunately in helping spread the public spectacle by joining the belittlement ban wagon ... you can pretty much go **** yourself too. I'd have been happy to help otherwise.

We have the right to be proud of this hunt, how we got it done and what we do. I joined this site thinking this crew was a better crop of people. Oh you've proved us wrong alright, but not by what we've "said" that you've twisted into bullshit.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby ATXduckhunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:36 am

Green team, it's not worth the arguments here. Great hunt with great friends, I'm sure hard work was involved, money and definitely time. You will never win any arguments with these anonymous fools on the Internet. Stop trying like I did years ago on texasbowhunter. People are so much braver behind a computer these days, it's sad.

Post your reports, photos, share with your friends and family. Be proud of what you did, you should be! Who gives a flying F#%# what the details were, they are not important, and you need not justify to others. You were there, they weren't. Their intent is to make you feel like less of a hunter and nock you down in the eyes others. It makes me smile to see grown men acting so childish, threatening to get you "uninvited for next year"... you guys better tell your moms while you're at it! Go back to first grade where you belong.

Great photos, looking forward to the video.

Atxduckhunter
Jbahr on 2cool
ATXduckhunter
hunter

Postby Bayou_Bowhunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:35 am

Pouledeau wrote:Unfortunately in helping spread the public spectacle by joining the belittlement ban wagon ... you can pretty much go **** yourself too. I'd have been happy to help otherwise.

We have the right to be proud of this hunt, how we got it done and what we do. I joined this site thinking this crew was a better crop of people. Oh you've proved us wrong alright, but not by what we've "said" that you've twisted into bullshit.

I wasn't trying to start any crap, I'm a semi-regular poster on here but read just about every thread, and it's clear the 2 trolls in this thread 1. started an account to troll you and 2. I've never seen that person post here so they've got something against y'all.

I was trying to have you give an answer to shut the trolls up, sorry if it was construed otherwise.

Truth be told, I'm jealous you got to do this hunt, have friends willing to spend time/money to do this and of your season success in general.

I've really enjoyed shifting my spending to duck hunting from sitting around Houston on the weekend and socializing, my friends just don't get that I'm not paying any more money to duck hunt than I was in Houston on an average weekend. My friends are too cheap, and don't "hate" ducks enough to do more than beg me to come out on my lease and want to split every cost to the penny. When I go on hunting/fishing trips with friends I am the first to pull out my wallet and offer to cover the entire share of gas/meal/lodging for the person that is making the trip possible. I'm fortunate that my dad instilled that in me; you can tell that the invitors are much more hesitant to invite back a nickel-and-diming guest. I don't know how to break that to my friends....

Congrats on the hunt, showed my GF the pics and she wanted to know when we were going after greenheads. She shot her first Gadwall, Scaup and GWT this year and thinks she has pretty much conquered TX waterfowl hahaha. Look forward to the video and so does she.

DB
Bayou_Bowhunter
hunter

Postby DuckMendenhall » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Wow, I came back to this...

Bad ass hunts boys. Way to tear'em up.
Tight lines...
DuckMendenhall
hunter

Postby Brazosboyt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Love it. Headin out for a little DIY trip myself sat.....
Brazosboyt
hunter

Postby frydaddy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 am

wow there has to be an ageda that 95% of us dont know about or why would all the bull crap about this post? who cares who paid who what look at the ducks. yall pay 19 plus dollars from kinks and duckcommander to watch there hunts and u cant tell me they scout for a second. i joined this forum to get tips and help and i got plenty to plan a trip to illinos. just go to their forum they straight up name lakes and run continiuos threports to help each other. then i come to my state and run into guys who if had half a chance would run high fences around there piece of public land and put a chain on the gate

some of you guys have been very helpful and i thank you!!!

but you guys who more often than not only post crap really should get a life,
frydaddy
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 am

Derp derp derp derp.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 am

Just stay in Illinois.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting