In need of a good Bird Taxidermist close to Ft hood

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Postby Hogslayer6 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am

got me a few nice ones to put up now just need to find the guy to do it. anyone know of a good taxidermist? Other than Matt Smith in Ft Worth please, hes still not taking any birds right now sadly
Hogslayer6
hunter

Re: In need of a good Bird Taxidermist close to Ft hood

Postby MarkM » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Not sure how far you would like to go away form Ft Hood but here is one I have seen. Does pretty dang good work. He has pictures up on his Facebook page to look at if you'd like. He is in Riesel, about an hour away from Ft Hood.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bucksnort ... 2059113832
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 pm

You can go to Locks right outside of Temple off 36. Buddy just dropped off a bird there and it will be ready by this April.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby MarkM » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 am

I didn't think about it until today, but I can give you the contact information for the couple that does all of Ted Nugent's stuff too. Great work, cheap but the wait for them is a little long as they take care of him first.

Mark
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby HillCountryHunter » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Larry Neal - Sendero Taxidermy in Round Rock. He specializes in waterfowl - nice work. He mounted my sons first duck (ring neck drake) as well as a widgeon. Also did a WT mount.
HillCountryHunter
Newb

Return to Texas Duck Hunting