Duck dynasty checklist......

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 am

Well I stopped by Cabelas to spend some gift cards I got for Xmas and saw something that made me shake my head then laugh my a** off........ I'm lookin through the waterfowl section and as I pass the glass call case I notice a stack of pamphlets. So being curious I pick one up and it is a waterfowl checklist. I swear it had one of everything that Cabelas had to offer on it including a boat. Lol, I guess Cabelas thought they would cash in on the ignorance of the newbs and duck dynasty fanatics who have no clue what is a necessity to kill stack a few birds. Either that or they got tired of being asked the same questions 100x a day by people who prolly can't tell a mallard from a teal.

I don't know if any of y'all have seen this but I thought it was pretty funny so I thought I would share... I mean some of the stuff on the list was ridiculous, I should of takin a pic to post and if I get back by there I will post one up.
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Re: Duck dynasty checklist......

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 am

So it said you must have more mojos than actual floater deeks? :eek:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 am

Ha it should have.... Maybe I should go back and revise it for em. They forgot to put "must have intelligence" on there that is for sure.
Last edited by Indiancreekducks87 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Bayou_Bowhunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 am

What's funny is the only hunting I've seen on there is Turkey hunting when Si/Jase shot 2 turkeys in one hunt I believe. I stopped watching after a few episodes, because it is clearly scripted.

You want to believe there might be one reality show that isn't scripted, but you wouldn't be right.
Bayou_Bowhunter
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 am

Indiancreekducks87 wrote: ... They forgot to put "must have inteligents" ...

Did you mean intelligence ... ?? You might better spend your money going back to 5th grade than at Cabela's ...
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:53 am

Pouledeau wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote: ... They forgot to put "must have inteligents" ...

Did you mean intelligence ... ?? You might better spend your money going back to 5th grade than at Cabela's ...

I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch that lol.. Guess ur still upset bout the Midwest thread?
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:21 am

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... upset ... ? Hardly. I'm just going to play by the local rules and take rowdy craps on everything that get's posted.

"When in Rome" - Anchorman Ron Burgundy
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 am

Pouledeau wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... upset ... ? Hardly. I'm just going to play by the local rules and take rowdy craps on everything that get's posted.

Lol that a kid! I don't mind a good chit talkin session!! :thumbsup:
Especially when it is all truth! I appreciate ya callin out my spelling mistake so I could correct it! That's what friends are for right? I call my buddies out all the time when they f up. Have the fun is hearing their rebuttals! :beer:
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 am

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
Pouledeau wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... upset ... ? Hardly. I'm just going to play by the local rules and take rowdy craps on everything that get's posted.

... Have the fun is hearing their rebuttals! :beer:

Did you mean "half" ... ?

Oh yeah lady ... !
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 am

Pouledeau wrote:

... Have the fun is hearing their rebuttals! :beer:

Did you mean "half" ... ?

Oh yeah lady ... !

Dang ur good.. Lol are u an English teacher?!?!...
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 am

Nope. But I slept with one last night, she better not still be at my house though ...
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 am

Pouledeau wrote:Nope. But I slept with one last night, she better not still be at my house though ...

Oh ok. Well let's clarify for other forum members up front. Was that freelance? Covered her cost? Or fully guided?
Last edited by Indiancreekducks87 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Pouledeau wrote:Nope. But I slept with one last night, she better not still be at my house though ...

Her students might be wondering where she is if she did
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:

Her students might be wondering where she is if she did

Probably not, they’ve already be indoctrinated not to care by the media and would be giving the substitue 9 kinds of hell for sport.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:57 pm

While we are giving lessons... Pouldeau is spelled without an "E" between the "L" and "D"!!

Wouldn't be an English lesson per say because the term is actually derived from the French... BAM!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Mojo281 wrote:While we are giving lessons... Pouldeau is spelled without an "E" between the "L" and "D"!!

Wouldn't be an English lesson per say because the term is actually derived from the French... BAM!

Actually my friend, if we want to get really technical … it’s not spelled as you suggest either but it absolutely does contain that “e” between the “l” and “d”, with a space between the “e” and “d” and an apostrophe following the “d” .

It’s correctly spelled Poule d’eau … unfortunately, that’s beyond the definitions of handle creation on this site. It is 100% French and literally translates to "water chicken" or "chicken of the water" depending on your conjugation/translation and is the coonass term for coot even though it actually describes a gallinule and not a coot.

Oh ok. Well let's clarify for other forum members up front. Was that freelance? Covered her cost? Or fully guided?

Well, hell I don't know. Obviously we need you guys to define our exploits. So how do you define this. We're friends. I paid for her dinner. She took her pants off. So by your definition I think that's a semi-guided, freelanced whore ... no?
Last edited by Pouledeau on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby cumminsman03 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Last edited by cumminsman03 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Central Flyway- I'm from Texas, what country are you from?
cumminsman03
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:22 pm

cumminsman03 wrote:Probably one of them said " must by expensive calls, and then hail call at all birds at all times". Lol
Buddy of mine seen some kids pull up with dc and dd stickers all over the back glass. They set up across the.marsh from them and he watched them blair hail calls at cupped birds. Don't get me wrong I like the Robertsons but there is more brands than dc.

You sir would get an F if graded by Pouledeau's English teacher.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm

cumminsman03 wrote:Probably one of them said " must by expensive calls, and then hail call at all birds at all times". Lol
Buddy of mine seen some kids pull up with dc and dd stickers all over the back glass. They set up across the.marsh from them and he watched them blair hail calls at cupped birds. Don't get me wrong I like the Robertsons but there is more brands than dc.

:huh:

Please sir, put down the crack pipe.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Well I stopped by Cabelas to spend some gift cards I got for Xmas and saw something that made me shake my head then laugh my a** off........ I'm lookin through the waterfowl section and as I pass the glass call case I notice a stack of pamphlets. So being curious I pick one up and it is a waterfowl checklist. I swear it had one of everything that Cabelas had to offer on it including a boat. Lol, I guess Cabelas thought they would cash in on the ignorance of the newbs and duck dynasty fanatics who have no clue what is a necessity to kill stack a few birds. Either that or they got tired of being asked the same questions 100x a day by people who prolly can't tell a mallard from a teal.

I don't know if any of y'all have seen this but I thought it was pretty funny so I thought I would share... I mean some of the stuff on the list was ridiculous, I should of takin a pic to post and if I get back by there I will post one up.

You know whats sad about that? There WILL be some idiot that goes there and buys all that stuff and then some, Thinking is absolutly necessary to have.
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm

All duck commander calls were sold out on Black Friday. The entire freaking wall was picked clean.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Duck Collector wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Well I stopped by Cabelas to spend some gift cards I got for Xmas and saw something that made me shake my head then laugh my a** off........ I'm lookin through the waterfowl section and as I pass the glass call case I notice a stack of pamphlets. So being curious I pick one up and it is a waterfowl checklist. I swear it had one of everything that Cabelas had to offer on it including a boat. Lol, I guess Cabelas thought they would cash in on the ignorance of the newbs and duck dynasty fanatics who have no clue what is a necessity to kill stack a few birds. Either that or they got tired of being asked the same questions 100x a day by people who prolly can't tell a mallard from a teal.

You know whats sad about that? There WILL be some idiot that goes there and buys all that stuff and then some, Thinking is absolutly necessary to have.

Ha I saw a guy ask the Cabelas employee if it was hard to blow a call. Employee proceeded to explain it a little, and the guy bought one of every dc call!!! I just shook my head....
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:08 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:All duck commander calls were sold out on Black Friday. The entire freaking wall was picked clean.

Ur a brave man! I went hunting then stayed home the rest of the day. I've done black Friday one time and that was enough for me.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Duck Collector wrote:

Ha I saw a guy ask the Cabelas employee if it was hard to blow a call. Employee proceeded to explain it a little, and the guy bought one of every dc call!!! I just shook my head....

Theres always that 1 guy...
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Gander Mountain has been doing that for a while now.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Next

Return to Texas Duck Hunting