How ya'all doin.

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

How ya'all doin.

Postby bubba57 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:01 am

Im board outa my mind, Hilight of my day is going to rehab. Can't hunt, so Im about to go ballistic. I can't help but wonder how season has been for you guys(Hope it's been a great one.) I wanna hear sum stories!
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Re: How ya'all doin.

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Had great first half but no green! Now were gettin in the green but the numbers aren't near as high as the first half. Been keeping busy catching hogs though. Got 6 traps goin right now. I been doin pretty good on the beaver front though. I got a couple trap lines out I been workin and thinning the rodents out. Next to duck huntin I'd have to say runnin steel traps is one of my favorite things to do! Glad to hear ur doin good bubba
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Slow but steady season. 143 group total/ 53 my total. Just finished up my rockport trip, not many birds down there :huh: we killed our limit of reds everyday but everything else few and far between. We killed 50 ducks in three days and only 4 were pintails, 4 bluebills/ 1 mottled/ 2 spoonies and i sailed 1 wigeon and never found it.... :fingerhead:
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby bubba57 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Had great first half but no green! Now were gettin in the green but the numbers aren't near as high as the first half. Been keeping busy catching hogs though. Got 6 traps goin right now. I been doin pretty good on the beaver front though. I got a couple trap lines out I been workin and thinning the rodents out. Next to duck huntin I'd have to say runnin steel traps is one of my favorite things to do! Glad to hear ur doin good bubba

Thanks creek. Im doin pretty good I guess. I got a few more weeks of therapy to go. Im still walking kinda hinkey, they say thats gonna clear up. The released me to drive last week. Looking forward to spring turkey season.
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting