the pintails didnt want to play

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

the pintails didnt want to play

Postby LoganSFA » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

good weekend taking a friend and some family out. the wind finally got some cranes low enough to pass shoot on saturday afternoon. (yes they were shot before sunset...just chased pigs for a little bit before the picture)
Attachments
011313.jpg
011213-2.jpg
011213.jpg
LoganSFA
hunter

Re: the pintails didnt want to play

Postby bjepsen85 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Well done, nice piles!
bjepsen85
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Those pintails are kinda the snobs of the duck world. Sometimes they circle around 5 or 6 times and leave and sometimes they crash in on the first pass. Depends on their mood I guess. Looks like you made up for it though. Nice pics :thumbsup:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

I bet you didnt care to much about the pintails with piles like that! Nice job :thumbsup:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby LoganSFA » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:44 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:I bet you didnt care to much about the pintails with piles like that! Nice job :thumbsup:

tough to make 4 guys wait much longer than we did. didnt shoot the bulk until 10
LoganSFA
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:59 pm

LoganSFA wrote:
stumpjumper1590 wrote:I bet you didnt care to much about the pintails with piles like that! Nice job :thumbsup:

tough to make 4 guys wait much longer than we did. didnt shoot the bulk until 10

Yall really wanted some pintails lol
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby LoganSFA » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:59 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:
LoganSFA wrote:

you really are stupid arnt you... welcome to january with sheet water rain. thousands of tails in the rice fields with no need to go to water.

why fly if i can eat and drink here all day.
LoganSFA
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:53 pm

LoganSFA wrote:
stumpjumper1590 wrote:
LoganSFA wrote:

you really are stupid arnt you... welcome to january with sheet water rain. thousands of tails in the rice fields with no need to go to water.

Not sure how you get that he is stupid from his post... But ok. :fingerhead:

And if you wanted to "play" with the sprigs y didn't u hunt where they wanted to play??? :huh:
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Duhhh! :rolleyes:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
LoganSFA wrote:
stumpjumper1590 wrote:
LoganSFA wrote:

Not sure how you get that he is stupid from his post... But ok. :fingerhead:

And if you wanted to "play" with the sprigs y didn't u hunt where they wanted to play??? :huh:

Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :no:

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby LoganSFA » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 am

one does not simply hunt where ever they want..i know right where they are at. hunting the place since i started at 10 years old...happens every year once the birds hit rice. they come late in the morning to water but with the rain they just dont leave until they go to roost.

just dont question whether we wanted to kill pintials with "piles like that"...we know our birds and what they are doing. i had 3 people who this is thier only duck hunt of the year...im gona let them shoot.

guess ill question people who post pictures of bluebills since i dont shoot them...seems like the way to go :huh:
LoganSFA
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 am

LoganSFA wrote:one does not simply hunt where ever they want..i know right where they are at. hunting the place since i started at 10 years old...happens every year once the birds hit rice. they come late in the morning to water but with the rain they just dont leave until they go to roost.

just dont question whether we wanted to kill pintials with "piles like that"...we know our birds and what they are doing. i had 3 people who this is thier only duck hunt of the year...im gona let them shoot.

guess ill question people who post pictures of bluebills since i dont shoot them...seems like the way to go :huh:

Your posts are rather jumbled... Pouledeau will tear it up if he every sees it hahaha...

If u insist on killin pintails find where they are and gain permission. If the property owner says no then u move to the next place holding sprigs and ask there. Keep doin that till u find a spot u can hunt. Its rather simple and the reason I posted was because of your unnecessary attack on stumps intelligence. The man was applauding you for your pile that you posted! If you werent proud of it because there were no sprigs then why even post it. Then why would you insult another member when he gives you a good job! :fingerhead:
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 am

On another note your handle implies that you could possibly be located in the pineywoods. I do believe SFA is in NAC, correct me if I'm wrong, where I don't think I've seen many rice fields... So how would stump,a guy stationed in ALASKA in the army, know there is sheetwater on a rice field that is lockin the pintails down? :huh:
I bet if you went up there you would be LOST!

If u read many posts u would know that stump isn't moving here till next season after he gets out of the service.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:04 am

I think we were just trying to make conversation. Next time title your post pintails outa reach. :huh: you seemed to be disappointed, hence the comments. I ain't got any rice in pleasanton and had three flocks of ten plus pintails come in and managed to get my limit of them. Just sayin. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :huh: :huh: :huh:
You should be a guide since your so smart and were so dumb.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am

Not done!
What if I were to post some pic's and title it (the common eiders did not want to play)?
You reply sorry man but looks like you had a good hunt. Not knowing the situation or where I was hunting.
My response is your a dumb ***, there's no eiders in south texas!
Makes no freakin sense and I would be the *** wouldn't I.
Way to make some new friends chief :thumbsup:
Now I'm done!
Normally I stay outa this crap but this one just rubbed the wrong way.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby LoganSFA » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 am

then conversate..dont be condisending to me...the title of the post came from my 10 yr old cousin..the pintials came over and "awww...they didnt want to play"

youre correct he is in alaska, ask my why the pintials wernt around...not a smart remark unless you want one back lol.

the birds havnt come to that pond since the rain...so i guess i should list all that before if everyone is going to be concerned about it...just put up a pic guys didnt expect have commitment question

plenty proud of a family hunt

the field the birds are going to right now is leased up...all of lissie is leased up, thats why we arnt there
LoganSFA
hunter

Postby LoganSFA » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am

barney i didnt expect to be looked down on bc of a title or the fact we chose to shoot out on teal and gadwalls bc our pintials were passing high and going to a rice field...it was a good hunt, but typically we shoot all our pintails and everyone in the group knew it...hence the title.

forgive me for posting a picture
LoganSFA
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 am

Logan

I do believe there was nothing Condescending about stumps post. He was prolly under the impression that you were bummed bout not killin pintails. So he made a friendly gesture to try and lift your spirit by saying nice pile even though u didn't get the sprigs. U took it wrong and insulted his intelligence so that's what prompted us other members to chime in. Simmer down hoss and read things a little mor careful before you call someone stupid. No one was down playing your skill level or hunt.

And if the sprigs are on leased land and ya want em bad enough move to new areas outside of the area you are hunting. Wasn't tryin to be an *** but prolly came across that way since I was a little irritated with your attitude toward stump. Good luck with the rest of the season.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am

I don't care what you shoot. You can post up a strap or hens for all I care. As long as the man who shot them is proud of it who cares.
The title, hint of disappointment, and calling someone else stupid for not knowing your situation led to the feedback. Were not cutting you down for not shootin sprigs. I thought they were great pic's and enjoying seeing people post photos. Guess we just don't see your way of thinking. I see I'm not alone on this. So post up all you want but next time I will just move along instead of playing mind games. Since your hunting needs no improvement maybe next season you can brush up on your people skills. I have wasted enough time here.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:42 pm

SO YOU THINK IM STUPID HUH?!?! :mad: Just kidding, Logan I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. I was not be condescending at all. I was simply saying with a hunt that good and that many birds, I dont think that anyone missed the pintails to bad. I will be the one to start off by saying I apologize, your pictures are great and I LOVE when people put pictures up. That looked like a awesome hunt and would love to have a hunt like that. GOOD JOB! :thumbsup:

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby txpanhandler » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Still trying to figure out what was condescending to prompt the conflict...
txpanhandler
hunter

Postby LoganSFA » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 pm

took a word the wrong way i suppose. forgive the stupid comment stump. Are you in the military stationed up there?

and everyone will look again and play mind games...thats what the internet is for right??

again sorry stump. as for everything else merly deffending a position.
LoganSFA
hunter

Postby LoganSFA » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 pm

i took the "yall really wanted some pintails" comment as a shot at saying waiting until 10 was nothing...again sorry. we can usually tell by then if the pintails are using the pond
LoganSFA
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Ha all is good, I am in the military stationed up here in fairbanks AK. I wont be getting to Texas permanently until may, I already have a count down timer until next September for teal. The ''Yall must have really wanted some pintails" was me saying that DANG I would have been shooting the first birds that looked at my decoys and would have kept my fingers crossed for the pintails. More of a kudos to you then a condescending comment, I am just glad that we got everything straightened out!

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358279792.336112.jpg

WE found some pintails this weekend.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Next