Quick license question

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Quick license question

Postby fishfurlife » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 am

Okay, the way I read the regs, a 5 day NR license is valid to waterfowl hunt. Correct? Along with the state waterfowl stamp of course.

Also, If I were to buy the annual license, what is the time frame that your annual license are valid? Are the Jan 1-Dec 31, Year from purchase date, or are they a July 1-June 30?
fishfurlife
hunter

Re: Quick license question

Postby Barney#1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 am

I believe the annual license is from date of purchase to august 31. For a fishing you can buy a license that is valid for one year from date of purchase but not sure on the hunting. Also need to make sure where you are going does not require a annual public hunt permit. I can pull the book out when I get some time and get back to you.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 am

Barney#1 wrote:I believe the annual license is from date of purchase to august 31. For a fishing you can buy a license that is valid for one year from date of purchase but not sure on the hunting. Also need to make sure where you are going does not require a annual public hunt permit. I can pull the book out when I get some time and get back to you.

Everything listed here is correct.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby wheaton_iceman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 am

Two weeks ago, I treated my out-of-state cousin to some duck hunts. Went to the sporting goods store. We were able to purchase his 5 day NR and Federal Duck stamp. They would not let us purchase the state stamp and told us the 5 day NR included public land. I was skeptical and thankfully he was not checked by the warden. I believe in full compliance, besides paying the wardens' salaries...our license fees support land programs, conservation, and resources and access.
wheaton_iceman
hunter

Postby fishfurlife » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks guys. I am on my phone and was about to go mad looking for the license end date. I won't be hunting on public ground so I dint think I need to worry about the public land endorsement.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Don't forget HIP!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting