New to Houston area

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

New to Houston area

Postby hatchattack » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey everyone I am from Eastern NC originally and I just moved to SE Houston because of work a few weeks ago. I am just looking for some direction for next season. Any info on areas to hunt duck, dove, deer or to fish would be greatly appreciated. I'm not asking for your honey hole or anything just some guidance. Thanks in advance.
hatchattack
Newb

Re: New to Houston area

Postby Mojo281 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Best bet for all of the above would be a private lease, but Texas does have its fair share of public land. Check out Texas Parks and Wildlife website, there is a great deal of information on there. PM me with if needed...
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Re: New to Houston area

Postby justinmi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Private or public there are many hunting opportunities around Houston. Check into any WMA's, NWR's, lakes, and bay systems around Houston and I'm sure you will find something you like. To be successful you will have to do your homework though. The best of luck to you, and welcome to Texas.
Lifetime Band Count 2008-Present: 1
justinmi
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting