Final hunt this morning for the year WOW!

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Final hunt this morning for the year WOW!

Postby finalflighttx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Well the season has come to an end for me this year as of this morning. Too bad I have a job or I would be on the lake for the rest of the week! This has been one of the very BEST SEASONS that I can ever remember. We have put up a ton of limits and have had a ball. I owe my season to 2 things my buddy Zach for having a wicked hook up on the lake that we hunt having HUNDREDS of acers all around our favorite lake. THe second is the folks at Four Rivers Layout boats for acctually changing the way I hunt for the better! Tom Bohmer and the guys at Four Rivers in MO are the best in the buissness and the 13.5' Rufuge Runner is the coolest boat I have ever duck hunted. Low siloutte and the ability to launch it most anywere and with the Minn Kota 55# Trolling motor or a push pole you can hunt in any situattion from Puddle Birds to big flocks of divers in the stump fields it didnt matter they commited unlike anything I've ever seen. Divers stole the show for us this year I have never killed so many scuap and bluebill as I have killed this year. I am dedicating my season this next year to divers on the big water of the lake. This was the first time I got to experience diver ducks working decoys on this lake without a gang rig and I have to say it was awesome I had heard on some of the diver forums about how well these ducks decoy and it is allready cool to chat about but to see it in living color is the coolest thing ever!!! Well hope everyone had a good season I am allready counting down the days to next year and cant wait to see how everyone else has done! Oh Yea and one more thing an X-Full Kicks Hi Flyer is freakishly amazing when you hit em close over decoys at like 30 yards the dont even twitch when they hit the water a 3" #4 Drylock is a beast for these divers over Deeks any way Best of luck and hope you all had a good one!
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Re: Final hunt this morning for the year WOW!

Postby Bayou_Bowhunter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 am

Divers certainly do build my self-confidence on my ability to put out a spread. :beer:
Bayou_Bowhunter
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Congratulations on the good season :beer:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Congrats on the great season. I do have to say this is probably one of my worst seasons in the past 5 years.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Red Beard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Ain't that the truth brother! I owe a lot of our success to you man and your amazing boat! Can't wait to kill tons of more birds next year! YeYe!
Red Beard
hunter

Postby finalflighttx » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Earl Dibbles Jr. In the house! :lol3: :clapping:
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Postby 4riverman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Glad you LOVE it and we will keep making boats.
Four Rivers Layout Boats
Odessa, MO
http://www.fourriverslayoutboats.com
email: sales@fourriverslayoutboats.com
Phone: 816-694-4955
4riverman
DHC Sponsor

Postby tako1972 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 am

awesome boats.
tako1972
hunter

Postby finalflighttx » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:47 pm

If Ol Redbeard doesn't buy a refuge runner this next season he may just have to watch me kill the birds out in the timber!LOL :lol3: ! Just kiddin Zach I know that you wont have to be pushed much harder to buy one of these wicked killin machines next year :evilbanana: . The man to talk too about these would be the "fourriverman" himself so if you have any Questions now might be a good time to ask. I again cant thank Tom and crew enough for the boat if anyone has seen any of my posts about these boats they probably know that I am more than pleased with everything this boat and Tom have done for me. I cant wait to see Zach AKA Redbeard get in one of these bad boys and move out to the timber next season and do a bit more traditional diver hunting I mean dude could you imagine how many more duckies would have fallen to us if we could have been further out into the boat lane? You know what Im talkin about remember all of the Can Can's :thumbsup: just thing we could be there next year bro! :grooving:
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Postby Red Beard » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey man i'm sold! when i get a little more money i will be giving him a call!!! And i know we could have killed so many more!!!!!!!
Red Beard
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting