Thank you

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Thank you

Postby Crazy Matt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 am

I met a few of you this season and couldn't believe how classy everyone is. There truly are some stand up guys in here. I am thankful for a great duck season, but also sharing some memories and pictures with some of you. We are all blessed. Thank you all for making it possible this year and I am glad everyone was safe.

If any of you are ever in the Dallas area, don't hesitate to call me. I'll get us some beers and grub. Y'all take it easy this off season.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Re: Thank you

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 am

I had a good time hunting with you as well sir! Got a feeling we got a few beers to drink together and some fish to catch over the summer though...
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby bjepsen85 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm

It's been a good one, time to whip out the ol' fishin pole...
bjepsen85
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm

I got a pond at the ranch that needs some work. If any of y'all ever want to get together this spring, lets go down there and take 50 out of it. There will be beer involved.

They are F1 hybrids, but I have done a poor job of managing it. Need to get a lot out.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby tako1972 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm

I'll message you after I'm done slaying snows. I can come up and help with the land and bring some cochon de lait.
tako1972
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Sign me up... I'll contribute beverages as well!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Didn't get to hunt with you this year, but hopefully we will be able to get together this up coming season!
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Still new to the forum, but I have to say it seems like y'all are all pretty stand up guys. I am in DFW and ready to go catch some cats (and anything else that swims).

Where are all of the catfishing holes at? JK JK

Let me know if anyone wants to drink some beer and pull some fish out of the water
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:52 pm

KaceyDucks wrote:Still new to the forum, but I have to say it seems like y'all are all pretty stand up guys. I am in DFW and ready to go catch some cats (and anything else that swims).

Let me know if anyone wants to drink some beer and pull some fish out of the water

Lol I'll take ya to my catfish holes... But u won't need a pole or bait. Just some swimming shorts and be able to hold ur breathe.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 pm

KaceyDucks wrote:Still new to the forum, but I have to say it seems like y'all are all pretty stand up guys. I am in DFW and ready to go catch some cats (and anything else that swims).

Lol... Normaly the new guys dont like us to much :hammer: had a great season this year, there arnt many mallards that get killed around here and i finally got one this year :grooving:
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 am

Duck Collector wrote:

Lol... Normaly the new guys dont like us to much :hammer: had a great season this year, there arnt many mallards that get killed around here and i finally got one this year :grooving:

Ha, I am a pretty cynical, thick skinned guy and I actually enjoy getting out there and scouting. I am always happy if someone lets me tag along but I will keep hunting even without "the spot. Some of these guys will get on here and ask for your spot, to borrow your dog, borrow your gun, borrow your truck, and I am surprised they don't ask to borrow your wife. LOL

I shot my first mallard and first canvas back this season so I am pretty excited. First mallard was on public and had 3 tail curls.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

duck collecter, are you talking about that fifteen pound "mallard" as your first! :lol3:
tako1972
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:07 am

tako1972 wrote:duck collecter, are you talking about that fifteen pound "mallard" as your first! :lol3:

Haha no thats not what im talking about :biggrin: i have shot alot of mallards but never got one on the public land where i live. Last weeked a pair flew over and i thought they were gadwall because i have never seen a mallard here. They were about 60 yds up but i managed to get one :grooving:

Season ended just in time for me, been stuck in bed all week with the flu...yall get out and get some geese while their still here, and ill be in bed all drugged up
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am

Just jokes buddy, good to hear. I only get a couple a year and after I have it in hand I'm usually staring at it for five minutes(in disbelief).
tako1972
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:28 am

Seems like their rare south of houston :huh:
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Duck Collector wrote:Seems like their rare south of houston :huh:

They concentrate on specific environments that aren't typically found south of Houston... I have a buddy whose property holds fair numbers in Danbury and another buddy whose property holds numbers in Edna. They are around... It's just hard to find em!! But when you do find them, that's usually the only species on the hole...
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 pm

DID YOU GUYS JUST HIJACK MY THREAD!?
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

:grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving:
Crazy Matt wrote:DID YOU GUYS JUST HIJACK MY THREAD!?
:grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving:
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting