chirp....chirp....chirp.......

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

chirp....chirp....chirp.......

Postby Barney#1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:04 pm

That's the damn crickets.
This site has died since last weekend. No goose pics! No season reports! No I killed 1000 ducks this year! Must have been a tougher season for a lot of us.
I'm already missin it. :crying:
Enjoy the off season boys.
Somebody post something! :lol3:
Barney#1
hunter

Re: chirp....chirp....chirp.......

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm

I miss the pictures and story's. it was the only thing that kept me sain up here in ak. I can't wait to get to Texas in may and for next season. :no:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 pm

Yeah I bet there is not much going on up there in the dead of winter. I can't wait for next season either. I hope for your sake and all the rest of us tx hunters that we get some much needed rain this spring and summer. Good luck on the move. You were moving down on the coast right?
Barney#1
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:01 am

That's what i was saying when i asked how everyones year was. I saw way less pictures this last season. Well i'm gonna chase snows, hopefully be able to post up some pics. Then I'm going to put down the borrowed shotgun I've been using and hit the fish, frogs, and snappers. Everyone have a safe fun spring/ summer and I will hear from y'all when it's time to bust caps again. :thumbsup:
tako1972
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 am

Yep corpus christi to be exact. I cant wait, I have never been close enough to salt water to fish for reds and trout. So thats what I will be focusing on when I get down there. While also preparing everything for next season and putting some mile on the ol F-150 finding some decent looking spots that hopefully birds will think look good as well.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:40 am

Stump if you want to come a little further inland and hunt fresh water give me shout. Some other guys on here I would like to hunt with next season as well. Maybe we can all set up a hunt together.

Yep tako a lot less pic's this season. I only shot two straps that were picture worthy. Good luck on the goose huntin.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby Duck_Happy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 am

Did Flight stop a fair number of birds this year. Guess its fishing time for me caught two 18 inch channel cats yesterday on throw lines.
Duck_Happy
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:55 am

I might put together a season report if I get time... I may have had my best season yet! I haven't ran the numbers, but I hunted EVERY weekend of season and held a license in 5 states.

Headed to the bay to fish and gig this weekend, if anyone is going to be in the Galveston area hit me up!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 am

Mojo281 wrote:I might put together a season report if I get time... I may have had my best season yet! I haven't ran the numbers, but I hunted EVERY weekend of season and held a license in 5 states.

Headed to the bay to fish and gig this weekend, if anyone is going to be in the Galveston area hit me up!!

Not being an ass, but out of all the birds you killed this season, what % didnt involve traveling over an hour?
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:19 am

Duck Collector wrote:
Mojo281 wrote:I might put together a season report if I get time... I may have had my best season yet! I haven't ran the numbers, but I hunted EVERY weekend of season and held a license in 5 states.

Not being an ass, but out of all the birds you killed this season, what % didnt involve traveling over an hour?

Quite frankly I am sick of hunting within an hour of my house, done it for too long and you kill the same birds every hunt!!

I'd say that about 98% of my hunts were over an hour from home, about 60% were over 3 hours, and 20% were over 8 hours... I love traveling and killing different species in different habitats!! I hunted in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Louisiana and not one of those states' habitats can be compared to another. Next year I will probably add Missouri and somewhere like Idaho to the list bc I really want to hunt in a mountain setting, like on the Snake River or something!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:47 pm

If you really get that need for some thing diff.... *New York*
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm with Mojo with wanting to hunt out of state. But for a hunt like I can't get here. Like the Snake, Platte etc. I do however enjoy Texas variety. River, lake, coast ,rice field. north east swamp. it's kind of hard to beat. in Louisiana almost all of my hunts were marsh and bayou.
But a buddy is starting to guide in the dakotas and I cannot friggin wait to slay em' in that habitat. As a water fowler I think we all have our bucket list places and a lot of them are iconic hunting spots. Arkansas flooded timber, Louisiana marsh, the Chesapeake bay, whatever floats your boat go and get em'.
tako1972
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm

tako1972 wrote:I'm with Mojo with wanting to hunt out of state. But for a hunt like I can't get here. Like the Snake, Platte etc. I do however enjoy Texas variety. River, lake, coast ,rice field. north east swamp. it's kind of hard to beat. in Louisiana almost all of my hunts were marsh and bayou.
But a buddy is starting to guide in the dakotas and I cannot friggin wait to slay em' in that habitat. As a water fowler I think we all have our bucket list places and a lot of them are iconic hunting spots. Arkansas flooded timber, Louisiana marsh, the Chesapeake bay, whatever floats your boat go and get em'.

The dakotas are sweet! Been there once a few years ago and mabey this upcoming october again. Lots of ducks but the geese didnt play...it was way to hot
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby bjepsen85 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 pm

I've got a season report, ill put it up.... No GEESE though!!
bjepsen85
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Barney#1 wrote:Stump if you want to come a little further inland and hunt fresh water give me shout. Some other guys on here I would like to hunt with next season as well. Maybe we can all set up a hunt together.

Yep tako a lot less pic's this season. I only shot two straps that were picture worthy. Good luck on the goose huntin.

Sounds good to me! I will bring the beverages of choice :thumbsup:

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting