?????

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

?????

Postby Duck Collector » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Where did everybody go?!?!
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Re: ?????

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Right here....

Lol I'm gettin a new phone I can download tapatalk to so that should up my frequency of posting.
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 pm

All that's left are the site lurkers. I mean guest :lol3:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:56 pm

And us 3 :lol3:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Its dead around here...huntin season is over and nothin new goin on around here, man i dont dont know what to do with my life now :help:

I will be getting my first lab this summer so it should be interesting. How long do people normaly wait before taking pups out on a hunt?
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Yeah not much going on here. They should have a duck hunting withdraw support group :lol3:

For me not too much goin on either. Just dropped off the mottled duck I shot at the taxi today.
It was the only bird worth mounting this season. Tried to do some white bass fishin with some luck. Still a little early.

I took my first dog hunting at 6 months.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Right here....

Lol I'm gettin a new phone I can download tapatalk to so that should up my frequency of posting.

Up your frequency :lol3:
Your like the top poster.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:01 pm

What could be done to make the Texas forum better? Most activity comes from cyber scouting
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby dogyak » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 pm

carefull of this , it could prove to be detrimental. Much can go wrong and the dog can learn very little at that . Dogs learn best through repetition and consistency . They're not going to watch and learn how to become a proper hunting dog . when should you expose your gundog to the 1st hunt ? When you have completed a basic training program with the pup . Find a local retriever club , they will help , they are hunters themselfs and want a well trained gundog , someone will show you the ropes and also the pup will be in shape for next year , nothing like a well trained steady to fire gundog .
dogyak
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 pm

I am still here. Just not much going on with season over.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:41 am

I might not be considered a regular yet, but I am on my way. :thumbsup: Plus the baby has been making it to where I can only get on here once a day tops.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:43 am

Barney#1 wrote:

Lol I think matt, WW, and the hammer have got me beat on the top posters overall...
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:

Lol I think matt, WW, and the hammer have got me beat on the top posters overall...

Maybe for the Texas forum but definitely not overall. :wink:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby txpanhandler » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 am

Yawn... Just enduring roller coaster weather just in time for baseball

Snow again tonight up here, at least not as much as last week
txpanhandler
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:

Would be impossible to take the #1 spot.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 am

whistlin_wings wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:

Would be impossible to take the #1 spot.

He can't post if he doesn't have fingers! :thumbsup:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:46 am

I'd need those fingers to get 31k more posts...
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 pm

This is true. Now that I think about it, that is A LOT of posts.

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Duck Collector wrote:Where did everybody go?!?!

To the split legged doe store ...
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby SATX duckman » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm still here El Guapo!!!

I've moved the boat out of my garage and over to a friends. Was thinking about adding a sub floor of sorts so that we are not bombarded with stepping over decoys, blind, guns and all other crap we haul out to hunt. Anyone do this to their boat? Was gonna make it about 12" high. Othere then checking in here to see what is going on i've been trying to find some 22lr ammo. Geez I never knew such a small round would be such a hot commodity. People are hoarding this ammo like crazy. I just want to be there when the one guy that has 50,000 rounds of ammo takes one in the kisser and makes the day of the guy that only had 5 rounds. I was also thinking about getting out to some places where i saw ducks in private ponds and offering up some work for the rights to hunt these spots. For the people that do that do you have the land owner sign and agreement or do you just take their word? I'd hate to put in hours of work for some guy to kick me off his land with me having no recourse or proof of our agreement. I know its Texas and most people can give their word and back it but would be frustrating at opening light getting asked to leave or get hit with trespassing.

Other then that hope you guys enjoyed the Texas winter we had. Summer and 100+ will be here very soon.
SATX duckman
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 pm

SATX duckman wrote:I'm still here El Guapo!!!

I've moved the boat out of my garage and over to a friends. Was thinking about adding a sub floor of sorts so that we are not bombarded with stepping over decoys, blind, guns and all other crap we haul out to hunt. Anyone do this to their boat? Was gonna make it about 12" high. Othere then checking in here to see what is going on i've been trying to find some 22lr ammo. Geez I never knew such a small round would be such a hot commodity. People are hoarding this ammo like crazy. I just want to be there when the one guy that has 50,000 rounds of ammo takes one in the kisser and makes the day of the guy that only had 5 rounds. I was also thinking about getting out to some places where i saw ducks in private ponds and offering up some work for the rights to hunt these spots. For the people that do that do you have the land owner sign and agreement or do you just take their word? I'd hate to put in hours of work for some guy to kick me off his land with me having no recourse or proof of our agreement. I know its Texas and most people can give their word and back it but would be frustrating at opening light getting asked to leave or get hit with trespassing.

Other then that hope you guys enjoyed the Texas winter we had. Summer and 100+ will be here very soon.

Usually we hunt land of farmers we know (small town). But when we approach a stranger about their property we generally have em sign a permission slip to cover us from trespassing somewhat. Old timers sometimes forget about giving permission to a stranger or they have their daughter's husband's cousin's nephew watching their land and fail to mention giving permissiOn to someone. I'm still not convinced a permission slip will help u alot in court these days but it's better than nothing. I wouldn't approach someone with an "agreement" unless ur offering to lease the place but that's just my opinion. Just be honest with the owner and don't build a blind or drive across a field without asking. That's bout all the advice I got. Good luck man!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 am

Guys...I am bored as sh1t!

I look at the same fly fishing stuff every day. :beer:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 am

Crazy Matt wrote:Guys...I am bored as sh1t!

Lol I have been building juglines and trotlines to help keep me busy. Prolly gonna build a 55 gallon bait holder at the house this weekend. Couple more weeks and the crappie should be shallow! :beer:
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:22 am

So far this week (not including Monday since we were off) I have worked 48 hours :crying:
Lets see how today goes.

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:Guys...I am bored as sh1t!

Lol I have been building juglines and trotlines to help keep me busy. Prolly gonna build a 55 gallon bait holder at the house this weekend. Couple more weeks and the crappie should be shallow! :beer:

They are already biteing down here.
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Next

Return to Texas Duck Hunting