Fishing Corpus (Bird Island)

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Fishing Corpus (Bird Island)

Postby SAHunter1983 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:43 pm

If anyone feels like meeting up with me to try some wade fishing shoot me a PM probably heading down early am. Yes I know it is early but I am hoping to beat the Springbreak/warm weather crowd.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
SAHunter1983
hunter

Re: Fishing Corpus (Bird Island)

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 pm

I will be in CC permanently in May, so anytime after that hit me up and we will try and get on some fish! :thumbsup:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:15 am

SA, make sure when you get down there you DO NOT park anywhere but in a stall. They have very few parking spaces there, all first come first serve. They will tow all of your chit if you are outside of a stall and the bill is enormous. Every year the towings make the paper because peeps can't afford to get there cars back. There's still a couple sitting in impound rite now after 2-3 yrs cause the 10k bill was more than there car was worth. I never drive down there because of this.
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks for the heads up. Decided not to go bc of springbreakers. I am usually there and in the water before most of the boats hit the ramp.

SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Been getting fishing reports all week from guide buddies and friends. Rockport to Bird Island Basin Black drum bite has turned on, buddy limited three clients three days running in under an hour. Redfish and trout are fair to good and picking up a where there is warm water. Buddies limited in 35min today on white bass in the Angelina river. Crappie are slow on Livingston. White bass are also hitting shad pretty hard on Lake Amistad as of 2 days ago 2 friends limited and got bored catching them. Finally black bass seem to be doing well pretty much everywhere... hope this helps someone find some fishes... Lordy i need to get a line in the water asap!!!!!

SAHunter1983
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting