Sheppard AFB/ Wichita Falls

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Sheppard AFB/ Wichita Falls

Postby PC76 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I just got notice of an assignment to Sheppard AFB and I was wondering if there are any decent public places to hunt within 1-2 hours? I am at Little Rock right now (well stationed there but currently Afghanistan) so I kinda figure I will be losing alot of opportunity but I am set up with boat, dog, and all the odds and ends to hunt. If anyone has some insight or should I just go ahead and sell everything off? I still have plenty of friends who have already invited me back to Arkansas to hunt, and I was told I could stay with them, but I enjoy it a bunch and constantly driving back and forth would be expensive.

If y'all have any ideas, insight, or are looking for someone to hunt with let me know. It'll be January or Feb before I get there but I know the earlier I start finding places and scouting it will be alot more enjoyable.
PC76
hunter

Re: Sheppard AFB/ Wichita Falls

Postby PC76 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:21 am

Anyone?
PC76
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:50 pm

PM Sent!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby PC76 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:59 am

Thanks for the info. I had researched a bit about those places and will definitely be checking them out when I get there. I know it's still way early but if anyone wants to check out some fishing holes and whatnot maybe team up for some scouting get at me next spring. I should be all settled in come March or April. Not at all bothered to drive 1-2 hours for a decent hole. Depending on the license costs and success I wouldn't mind heading into Oklahoma either to hunt.
PC76
hunter

Postby HunterRay7 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:31 pm

I going TDY to sheppard for training all of November. Contemplating dragging my prodrive with me? Im at Barksdale so its only 5 hours but wanna get some people lined up who know the area a little. PM me if interested
HunterRay7
hunter

Postby PC76 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Won't be there until Feb, sorry. Anytime after I get settled I'm I will be up for scouting/ fishing. Give me a shout.
PC76
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting