Duck hunting in Texas

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Duck hunting in Texas

Postby Mauser M03 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:16 pm

I'll be going to Texas this fall to hunt ducks with a friend, both from Norway. I got to know a guy on this forum, he has been real helpful, but I know he's real busy, so I can't expect him to take care of us when we get there. He's done plenty as it is.
So my question is... How should we go about finding fairly good hunting spots in the week we'll be there?
I'm sure my Texan friend could tell us, but I feel I've been asking enough as it is...
Mauser M03
hunter

Re: Duck hunting in Texas

Postby MarkM » Thu May 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Where in Texas are you going to?
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Mauser M03 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Don't know yet. Where we think will be best I suppose?
Mauser M03
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Best places are in a straight line from Dallas area to Houston area.

Not much I hear of outside of that flyway.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Mauser M03 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:23 am

OK, thank you. We'll keep that in mind and then I suppose have a look at Google maps, and work our way... :) Thanks MarkM
Mauser M03
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:01 am

Mauser anywhere on the coast could be a option for you as we'll. look into getting a guide a lot of them are fairly inexpensive and offer you everything you need for the hunt plus the spot to go.

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Mauser M03 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Yes, we'll probably go a couple of days with Bay Flats Lodge, then go freelance. A week+ will be a bit on the stiff side, wallet wise...
Mauser M03
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Keep in mind Texas is close to twice the size of Norway so not to easy to just drive around. Someone suggested Dallas to Houston but if you're going to Bay Flats looking at about a 5-6 hour drive. Not far by any means to get somewhere here but not sure if you're looking to drive or fly to just one location and where else you are going.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Mauser M03 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, we'll at least start of at Bay Flats. Then maybe relocate by car. We have never been to the States before, so driving around will probably be less dull for us, than for you guys... :yes: I've checked our plans and we will have 10 days in TX. Maybe we will do 5 there in coastal TX and 5 inland... :beer:
Mauser M03
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:18 pm

If you really want to see Texas book a trip in Lubbock for some Canada's. 8+ hours of driving through nothing.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby justinsfa » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:36 am

You sure are dedicated.

There is no way in hell I would come to Texas all the way from Norway and try to freelance. 95 percent of Tx is private property. If you don't have a boat, you are screwed especially if your starting point is Bay Flats.

I would highly recommend all guided trips.
justinsfa
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting