Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck hunting in Texas

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  justinsfa 
#1 ·
I'll be going to Texas this fall to hunt ducks with a friend, both from Norway. I got to know a guy on this forum, he has been real helpful, but I know he's real busy, so I can't expect him to take care of us when we get there. He's done plenty as it is.
So my question is... How should we go about finding fairly good hunting spots in the week we'll be there?
I'm sure my Texan friend could tell us, but I feel I've been asking enough as it is...

#4 ·
Best places are in a straight line from Dallas area to Houston area.

Not much I hear of outside of that flyway.

#6 ·
Mauser anywhere on the coast could be a option for you as we'll. look into getting a guide a lot of them are fairly inexpensive and offer you everything you need for the hunt plus the spot to go.

Sent from my busted iPhone

#8 ·
Keep in mind Texas is close to twice the size of Norway so not to easy to just drive around. Someone suggested Dallas to Houston but if you're going to Bay Flats looking at about a 5-6 hour drive. Not far by any means to get somewhere here but not sure if you're looking to drive or fly to just one location and where else you are going.

#9 ·
Well, we'll at least start of at Bay Flats. Then maybe relocate by car. We have never been to the States before, so driving around will probably be less dull for us, than for you guys... :yes: I've checked our plans and we will have 10 days in TX. Maybe we will do 5 there in coastal TX and 5 inland... :beer:

#11 ·
You sure are dedicated.

There is no way in hell I would come to Texas all the way from Norway and try to freelance. 95 percent of Tx is private property. If you don't have a boat, you are screwed especially if your starting point is Bay Flats.

I would highly recommend all guided trips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.