2013/2014 goals

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

2013/2014 goals

Postby tako1972 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:20 pm

I was daydreaming about the upcoming season and thinking about what I really wanted to accomplish this season. First thing is to get my son involved. He has just gotten over being too cool for dad so now he actually wants to go. My daughter has already gone to the youth opener at age 13, so I'm betting she will go again this year. The second major goal is to hit the geese hard. I've really been fascinated by calling geese (especially specks), having them answer and call and having that experience. Anyway, hope everyone's having a good summer, catching lots of fish, turtles and frogs.
tako1972
hunter

Re: 2013/2014 goals

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 am

Since I am new to the area that I will be hunting my goals are going to be simple. I want to be able to find good a number of birds and have a couple of decent hunts. Plus my first pintail would be a NICE added bonus ;)

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Re: 2013/2014 goals

Postby ring_main » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:00 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:Since I am new to the area that I will be hunting my goals are going to be simple. I want to be able to find good a number of birds and have a couple of decent hunts.

Same here. I'm near Dallas and have been out on a couple local lakes already doing some scouting....but I'm going to need to do a LOT more, things are way different around here and I'm sure there is a lot of competition for spots just because of the low number of lakes and majority of ponds being private land.

I've contacted a local Delta Waterfowl Chapter as well to see about lending a hand with habitat improvement projects or meet and greets and the like. I've been a member for a few years, but I've been meaning to get more involved in the conservation side of duck hunting for a while and am now in a good position to do so.
ring_main
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting