New to D/FW

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

New to D/FW

Postby YeauxKnaEt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:50 pm

I PM the mod for assistance but he didn't know much about public hunting. I am from Louisiana and need some help getting started in Texas. Usually, my friends had leised land we would visit. I live north of DFW airport and would really appreciate any assistance to help get me started. I'm not that experienced hunting ducks but I would like to figure this out and teach my son. Please PM me for any helpful direction/location/etc. I'm not after trying to hunt on public land or steal your honey hole. I'm just trying to learn so that I can start taking my son with me.
YeauxKnaEt
Newb

Re: New to D/FW

Postby L0ngh0rn30 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 pm

:welcome: to Texas.

TPWD Public Land Info
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/

That should get you started.
L0ngh0rn30
hunter

Re: New to D/FW

Postby Streater » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:26 am

I'm in The Colony and new to public hunting as well. I have hunted SW Louisiana all my life, but just got a boat and will be hunting public in North Texas. You are more than welcome join me...unless you're an ******. :biggrin: Fire me a PM if you want join me.
Streater
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting