Duck Hunting Forum banner

Grapevine or Lewisville lakes...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  justhrowit 
#1 ·
Any of you guys ever do any hunting on either one? I know Grapevine has a public hunting area but I know nothing about it. I'm down here training and I was thinking about grabbing a couple dozen decoys and packing em down here next trip home. Any info you guys can give me would be appreciated......I'm not asking for inside info....just basic stuff as in if it is a walk in area or strictly a boat in area.....if it is worth a try or should I not worry with it.....anything you guys know would be great. And if any of you ever make a trip to Southern Illinois then I would be glad to return the favor.
Chris

#5 ·
you need to get a permit from the Army Corp offices on lake Lewisville. This will permit you to hunt both lakes. Right now, Lewisville may be the only one huntable. Even with this weekends rains, Most Grapevine is so low that the huntable parts of the lake are dry as a bone or close. Go to the army corp offices. When you get your permit (free) they will also give you a map of both lakes.

Otherwise, you can get the public land permit for the State of Texas. I think it's about 40 bucks. There are a couple area lakes that are managed by TPWD. You'll get maps for these lakes as well.

Good luck.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.