hunting christmas bay

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

hunting christmas bay

Postby tstephenson » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:41 pm

I am interested in coastal waterfowl hunting and would like to know if christmas bay or any other bays in that area are good to hunt
tstephenson
Newb

Postby DUCKBAKER » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:51 pm

check out blaike muirhead its in rockport. i had one of the best hunts of my life. i got 2 redheads 2 pintail a widgeon and a teal.
DUCKBAKER
hunter

Postby tstephenson » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:18 pm

thank you for the information
tstephenson
Newb

christmas bay...

Postby texas_quackwakker » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:45 pm

The north shoreline is about as good as it gets in Christmas bay...you need lots of dekes and a boat but it is worth it. I used to live in Lake Jackson and did alot of duck hunting in that system. PM if still interested and I will give some other locations around that area that are a bit better.

HOPE YOU HAVE A DRY BOAT
texas_quackwakker
hunter

Postby HENDU3270 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:58 pm

tstephenson,

I live in Pearland now but was raised in Lake Jackson as well. I've hunted the north shoreline of Christmas to. Had some good hunts there. We usually put out about 2 dozen decoys and it seems to work well. There are a number of blinds on the south shoreline that can be accessed via foot or vehicle but you'll have some competition for those. You can also run down to Quintana, near the river, and hunt the area of Peach Point Wildlife Management Area that you don't have to sign in at. Good luck hunting.
Fishing was invented to pass the time between Duck Seasons....either duck hunt or get outa my boat!!
HENDU3270
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Texas Duck Hunting