Todays hunt

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Todays hunt

Postby Duck Collector » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:56 pm

First 15 minutes was slow then for about 30 minutes it was fast n furious. Couldnt pick up the dead ones fast enough and couldnt keep the gun loaded. Nocked out a two man limit in a matter of 20 minutesImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Re: Todays hunt

Postby quanah labs » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Nice! Well done
Hunt like your hungry
quanah labs
hunter

Postby cONG » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Good look rig
cONG
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:06 pm

took a pair today but more importantly they worked the dekes. That sight is priceless. Buzzed me first like little fighter jets. I hit the squeaky bwt call, they turned together beautifully, came back left to right for another look at the decoys, I let them get a ways out and hit the call again.They turned, came back real low going right to left like they were gonna light just past and in front of the spread and I put the Benelli on em'. It has begun again my friends. Good times. :thumbsup:

Also, that was about all the teal outside of a couple of singles that passed out of range.I am seeing more woodies than I have ever seen and I had a whistler come in all the way a couple of times.
tako1972
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:06 am

A buddy and I came out with two birds, it was really cool to watch them buzz the decoys. First BWT for me so it was a successful hunt for a NTX teal hunt.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby Nutt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:32 pm

We only took two on the opener but it was the only two teal we saw. Had to be careful and watch out for wood ducks. I'm in Minnesota till Friday. Hopefully when I get home the teal will be down.
Nutt
hunter

Postby TexasGreenHead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Duck Collector wrote:First 15 minutes was slow then for about 30 minutes it was fast n furious. Couldnt pick up the dead ones fast enough and couldnt keep the gun loaded. Nocked out a two man limit in a matter of 20 minutesImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That looks just like my "Rig" - minus the Strap of Teal!

I have a GD SD 16x60 and GD SD 35HP Motor - great running Boats for sure. Congrats on the Teal - they're not quite in my spots yet ...
TexasGreenHead
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting