Duck Hunting Forum banner

Rockport, port aransas

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rab ag 
#1 ·
I just graduated form texas atm and moved to san antonio and was wondering how the gulf coast hunting was and where I should go scout some over the next few months after the season. Id like to put up a blind on the caost somewhere and hunt it next year. Ive read that you can do that as long as its on public land and what not. Just some questions...

Ive mostly only hunted tanks, and flodded tiber, so the coastal hunting is something that ive never been exposed to. Thanks...

#4 ·
Haha...thanks for responding.
I really have no idea. I just am looking for places along the coast to bird hunt. I know that doesnt really narrow it down, tell me what you think.
Ive hunted on alot of the publicly leased land around texas...but nothing that far south.
Im just need some ideas
thanks
josh

#5 ·
Do you have a boat? There's so much water down on the bays that the ducks aren't limited to one area. Having a boat to scout & go where they are helps alot. People build those blinds on just about any shoreline so I don't think one spot's any better than another. Just depends on where they want to be that week. That's why I like hunkering down in the grass on points or in coves where I've seen ducks rafting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.