lake tyler

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

lake tyler

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 pm

There is a report of 13 hunters being fined for shooting teal on Lake Tyler on the Ducks Unlimited report site, can anyone verify the report or is it just a line of BS Thanks
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Re: lake tyler

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Ya I saw it too lol. Probably bs
txhunter90
hunter

Postby justinmi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Whatcha talkin bout, team beavertail is always slamming down 13 man limits!
Lifetime Band Count 2008-Present: 1
justinmi
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

I guess you need to explain to this Jayhawk who Team Beavertail is. Please and Thank You
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Haha probably a bunch of damn idiots. If they call themselves that.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby justinmi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:51 pm

I was just being sarcastic, I think that report was totally fabricated.
Lifetime Band Count 2008-Present: 1
justinmi
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Lol ya bunch of damn idiots. I had a game warden last year tell us that it was legal to hunt lake tyler. So idk
txhunter90
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:02 pm

I found this on another chat site:

From what I recall there are no public places to hunt on Lake Tyler. There is private land back behind the dam that is hunted but not the lake itself. The lake itself is like two (there's two of them) big duck sanctuaries because the birds know they can't be hunted. They will raft up out there pretty thick late in the season. May want to dig a little deeper before hunting on it. Call the local game wardens in Tyler and get their opinion, I bet they will tell you that you can't hunt it.

PaulB is right. I grew up on that lake and there is absolutely no hunting allowed on it and as far as I know there never has been. The person that told you this didn't try to sell you a teal stamp either did they
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby quacksmacker2500 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:13 pm

the game wardens will not give you a ticket for hunting lake tyler, they will just check you as anywhere else. The tyler police dept. or sheriff's office is the ones you have to worry about. and as far as them shooting a 13 man limit bullshit!! I have been scouting around the area.
quacksmacker2500
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Sounds to me like J. Harpenstine the guy posting on DU is practicing for the Whopper Telling Contest this year in Toadsuck Arkansas. LOL
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Ya I bought the teal stamp he said they usually go for 35 and sold me one for 16 so I figured the teal stamp was a good deal.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby phildeez » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Let me put this to bed for you guys. I live on Lake Tyler East. 30 yrs ago they banned hunting on lake tyler. I hunt with Chris Green the former Game Warden on Lake Tyler for 13 yrs. YOU CAN NOT HUNT THA LAKE. There are not that many birds on there anyway. Couple hundred in the late season at most. I hook on to my boat and leave one lake to hunt another on the other side of town alot. That DU post was made up. Besides the place where they would be hunting teal is bone dry right now anyway..
phildeez
Newb

Postby txhunter90 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 am

phildeez wrote:Let me put this to bed for you guys. I live on Lake Tyler East. 30 yrs ago they banned hunting on lake tyler. I hunt with Chris Green the former Game Warden on Lake Tyler for 13 yrs. YOU CAN NOT HUNT THA LAKE. There are not that many birds on there anyway. Couple hundred in the late season at most. I hook on to my boat and leave one lake to hunt another on the other side of town alot. That DU post was made up. Besides the place where they would be hunting teal is bone dry right now anyway..

Ya that's who I heard you can not hunt it from Chris green.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks for the true info,
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby finalflighttx » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 pm

BookmarkARTICLE VI. LAKE TYLER AND LAKE TYLER EAST

DIVISION 4. WEAPONS, HUNTING; PROHIBITED

BookmarkSec. 19-190. Discharging of weapons, hunting prohibited.

a. It is unlawful for a person to shoot, discharge, or hunt with a bow, crossbow, slingshot, gun, firearm, or any other type of weapon in, on, over, across, or upon the Lake.

b. No hunting is allowed on the Lake. (Ord. 0-97-52, 10/22/97)

BookmarkSecs. 19-191-19-199. Reserved.

This is direct from the city of Tyler off of their website so..... I guess that was meant to be an early April Fools joke if the warden was giving permission to hunt there :eek: . I would have not found it funny at all it pays to do your research regardless of what people say these are the very things BS or not that will end waterfowl hunting on public bodies of water or will require some 100 dollar endorsement to get to hunt what we have a right to anyway :hammer: . Just be careful guys :thumbsup: and good luck!
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting