Corpus Guide

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Corpus Guide

Postby Bonasaman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm thinking of coming down for my niece's winging (Navy pilot) in mid-November and I was thinking of sneaking in a duck hunt. Any recos on guides? Is that too early in the season for a decent hunt?
Bonasaman
hunter

Re: Corpus Guide

Postby Barney#1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Ccducker was guiding for the producers guide service and he is out of that area. I don't know if he is still doing it but you may get with him. I have not hunted with them but judging by his pic's he knows what he is doing.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:34 pm

We'll stick around here for a while and once November comes around you can hit me up and I will take you out with me. I'm not a guide by no means, but I do have a boat and all the decoys needed, plus I know of a few spots we can go. You can pick up the bill for breakfast tacos and we will call it even ;)

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Bonasaman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks for the generous offer, Stump. I may just take you up on that. I've emailed the Producers, but haven't heard back yet.
Bonasaman
hunter

Postby :-) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:24 am

There's no reason for a guide if you just want to hunt for a day just ask someone, but if really want a guided hunt try these folks.

castandblast.com
www.texasgulfduckhunting.com
coastallegendsguideservice.com

There's no shortage of guides around here, but I can't tell you who's good or bad.

Also, no matter what you decide you better know your Duck ID...you can get yourself in a bind pretty fast down here if you don't know what your doing.
:-)
hunter

Postby Bonasaman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards a guide as my brother's potentially coming in for the winging as well. So that would be two of us. Plus I'm thinking cast & blast, so that might not be an option with a private party. As far as duck ID, I've never even seen most of the ducks you guys hunt down there, so that's another reason for a guide!!
Bonasaman
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Then do it right man ... Bay Flats Waterfowl - request Capt. Nick Dahlman. Other guide services exist, but this one is an experience. Plus Nick will put you on quality.

http://www.bayflatslodge.com/
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby :-) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Just don't go on a goose hunt with the guy that drives the big dodge...he'll work your butt off. We killed some geese, but I won't use them again. I still catch hell from my customers about that trip.

They cook a great steak, and the lodging is pretty good.
:-)
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting