Ducks around Waco??

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:01 am

Mojo281 wrote:PM sent... I am giving him ALL of yall's honey holes!!

Lake Creek is the best place to hunt if you can get permission :wink:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX


Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby webfootbecker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 am

Not a clue what Lake Creek is, but I am sure there is some sort of sarcasm attached to it.

I am still having a tough time envisioning ducks in this area. I met a guy the other day who owns quite a few old gravel pits. He swears they are full of divers, but also gets limits of wigeon and pintail. Any truth to this? From my experience with gravel pits, they are great for bass fishing, but no much else.
webfootbecker
hunter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:59 am
Location: Waco, Tx

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:34 am

Riesel
Image
Mart
Image
Image
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9104
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:33 pm

webfootbecker wrote:Not a clue what Lake Creek is, but I am sure there is some sort of sarcasm attached to it.

I am still having a tough time envisioning ducks in this area. I met a guy the other day who owns quite a few old gravel pits. He swears they are full of divers, but also gets limits of wigeon and pintail. Any truth to this? From my experience with gravel pits, they are great for bass fishing, but no much else.

Lake Creek Lake, right outside of Riesel. Has some of the best fishing, but you cannot fish it, legally anyhow. Will be covered with ducks come season, but it's illegal to hunt as well. Privately owned lake by TXU I think. Can't remember who owns it actually.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:Riesel
Image
Mart
Image
Image

Party boat hunting at its best.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby Catdaddy89 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Txu is right. It changes names every few years but that's the name everyone remembers.
User avatar
Catdaddy89
hunter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:11 am
Location: Thornton, TX / RRC TX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby webfootbecker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!
webfootbecker
hunter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:59 am
Location: Waco, Tx

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:27 pm

No ducks here, move along.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6922
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm

webfootbecker wrote:Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!

Owe it all to MarkM. He put me on all 3 of those hunts.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9104
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:11 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
webfootbecker wrote:Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!

Owe it all to MarkM. He put me on all 3 of those hunts.


Ya PM him and let me know if need his number. You just have to repeatedly contact him, but it will pay off. Dude has an insane amount of ducks.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6922
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
webfootbecker wrote:Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!

Owe it all to MarkM. He put me on all 3 of those hunts.


Ya PM him and let me know if need his number. You just have to repeatedly contact him, but it will pay off. Dude has an insane amount of ducks.

I can show you an awesome spot. Blind will be brushed next weekend and it has a lot of millet planted. Just gotta hop a gate and walk a little bit.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 pm

MarkM wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
webfootbecker wrote:Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!

Owe it all to MarkM. He put me on all 3 of those hunts.


Ya PM him and let me know if need his number. You just have to repeatedly contact him, but it will pay off. Dude has an insane amount of ducks.

I can show you an awesome spot. Blind will be brushed next weekend and it has a lot of millet planted. Just gotta hop a gate and walk a little bit.


:lol3: :lol3:
Haha, or use your fancy new bolt cutters. Ass. Brushing that blind is gonna suck, bring your wasp spray.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6922
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
webfootbecker wrote:Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!

Owe it all to MarkM. He put me on all 3 of those hunts.


Ya PM him and let me know if need his number. You just have to repeatedly contact him, but it will pay off. Dude has an insane amount of ducks.

I can show you an awesome spot. Blind will be brushed next weekend and it has a lot of millet planted. Just gotta hop a gate and walk a little bit.


:lol3: :lol3:
Haha, or use your fancy new bolt cutters. Ass. Brushing that blind is gonna suck, bring your wasp spray.

This is my wasp spray. They will never be back again
Attachments
lighter.jpg
lighter.jpg (4.25 KiB) Viewed 480 times
gas.jpg
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:26 pm

MarkM wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
webfootbecker wrote:Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!

Owe it all to MarkM. He put me on all 3 of those hunts.


Ya PM him and let me know if need his number. You just have to repeatedly contact him, but it will pay off. Dude has an insane amount of ducks.

I can show you an awesome spot. Blind will be brushed next weekend and it has a lot of millet planted. Just gotta hop a gate and walk a little bit.


:lol3: :lol3:
Haha, or use your fancy new bolt cutters. Ass. Brushing that blind is gonna suck, bring your wasp spray.

This is my wasp spray. They will never be back again

That won't kill a wasp, they will just fly away. Think bigger
asdfg.jpg
asdfg.jpg (140.22 KiB) Viewed 465 times
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9104
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:27 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
webfootbecker wrote:Wow! very impressive bag limits. thanks for the pics - gives me a glimmer of hope after all :biggrin: . I have to say, it would be quite a feat to get that many types of birds from a single hunt in Florida. Looking forward to getting in on the action!

Owe it all to MarkM. He put me on all 3 of those hunts.


Ya PM him and let me know if need his number. You just have to repeatedly contact him, but it will pay off. Dude has an insane amount of ducks.

I can show you an awesome spot. Blind will be brushed next weekend and it has a lot of millet planted. Just gotta hop a gate and walk a little bit.


:lol3: :lol3:
Haha, or use your fancy new bolt cutters. Ass. Brushing that blind is gonna suck, bring your wasp spray.

This is my wasp spray. They will never be back again

That won't kill a wasp, they will just fly away. Think bigger
asdfg.jpg

I don't want to attract any unwanted attention from the locals. They scare me.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Ducks around Waco??

Postby rrkyle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:56 am

Bumping this. Haven't been on here in forever.

That's my truck and dog with the piles of birds!

Hey Richard, I think I put you on those hunts up here. Who is Mark?

I'm back in Waco now. Shoot me a pm if you riesel guys want to get together. I hunt all around Mart, Riesel, Axtell..
User avatar
rrkyle
hunter
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby rrkyle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:03 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384326227.736273.jpg
User avatar
rrkyle
hunter
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby Mojo281 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:22 am

I see 3 different trucks in said photos and three teal isn't exactly a pile...

Just bustin your chops!
Make em hate it!!
User avatar
Mojo281
hunter
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: SE Texas

Ducks around Waco??

Postby rrkyle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:19 am

Haha. The teal pic is old. You can only shoot 4!

Oh, and I have trouble sticking with one truck.!
User avatar
rrkyle
hunter
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby Mojo281 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:53 pm

rrkyle wrote:Haha. The teal pic is old. You can only shoot 4!

You can only shoot 4 teal?? Might want to check the regs again, unless it was during teal season and the odds of only seeing greenwings is slim...
Make em hate it!!
User avatar
Mojo281
hunter
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: SE Texas

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Mojo281 wrote:
rrkyle wrote:Haha. The teal pic is old. You can only shoot 4!

You can only shoot 4 teal?? Might want to check the regs again, unless it was during teal season and the odds of only seeing greenwings is slim...

He's crazy and doesn't know what he's talking about. But all those pics above I posted were with him.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9104
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Ducks around Waco??

Postby rrkyle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:41 pm

That ones from Teal Season. And I have not seen or shot any teal besides green wing in several years.

The other ones are scared to come to the ghetto! Haha
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384382459.604696.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384382459.604696.jpg (101.12 KiB) Viewed 255 times
User avatar
rrkyle
hunter
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests