Duck Hunting Forum banner

14/15 Texas Traveling Coot Thread

59K views 403 replies 27 participants last post by  poormansmallard 
#1 ·
Alright, since you ******* are to lazy to make the thread, I will.

It is that time of the year again and it's time to start it up.

This year for a rambler, we are having a coot.

Copy the dates and fill in when you want to hunt over it. First come, first serve, yada yada.

PM the next person on the list to get their address and send it along to them.

Send out the rambler on Monday, that way whoever is getting it next has a chance to hunt it over the weekend. Be sure to take pictures of the rambler in the spread, on the spoils of the day(s), with hunting partners, etc...

Stumpjumper1590 has a special request to have it overnighted since he can only hunt during the week and don't send it to Matt since he is turning into a Hotlanta Hoodlum. Don't need him stealing the decoy.

Included in the box will be:
Whiteout pen to sign your name, DHC, real, or both I don't care.
Random item to pass onto the next person. When you receive the rambler, snap a picture of everything.

Try and time it up to hunt with multiple members if possible!

October 26th-27th Youth Weekend- SATX duckman
November 2nd-3rd - MarkM
November 9th-10th - Stumpjumper1590
November 16th-17th- Pouledeau (If you change your mind let me know)
November 23rd-24th- Mojo281
November 30th-Dec. 1st- whistlin_wings
December 7th-8th - Txhunter

December 14th-15th :)
December 21st-22nd- CrazyMatt
December 28th-29th- Indiancreekducks87
January 4th-5th- Daddyhuck
January 11th-12th
January 18th-19th- bjepsen85
January 25th-26thtako1972

See less See more
#2 ·
Who ever is getting it for the opener, if you could just over night it I will pay you back for any extra cost of shipping. Thanks in advance!!

November 2nd-3rd
November 9th-10th stumpjumper1590
November 16th-17th
November 23rd-24th
November 30th-Dec. 1st
December 7th-8th

December 14th-15th
December 21st-22nd
December 28th-29th
January 4th-5th
January 11th-12th
January 18th-19th
January 25th-26th

Sent from my busted iPhone

#3 ·
stumpjumper1590 said:
Who ever is getting it for the opener, if you could just over night it I will pay you back for any extra cost of shipping. Thanks in advance!!

November 2nd-3rd MarkM (Unless Pouledeau wants it so y'all can get faster delivery)
November 16th-17th
November 23rd-24th
November 30th-Dec. 1st
December 7th-8th

December 14th-15th
December 21st-22nd
December 28th-29th
January 4th-5th
January 11th-12th
January 18th-19th
January 25th-26th

I will take it and send it down to you stump.

#6 ·
I'm out...only been here long enough to try to find some new honey holes for this season. I can't believe you guys aren't willing to share more information with a new hunter. I've only been doing this for 20 years now, and could've really used some help.

On a serious note...I look forward to seeing the pictures, and hope you guys have a safe & productive season.

#7 ·
MarkM said:
stumpjumper1590 said:

November 2nd-3rd MarkM (Unless Pouledeau wants it so y'all can get faster delivery)
November 16th-17th
November 23rd-24th
November 30th-Dec. 1st
December 7th-8th indiancreekducks87

December 14th-15th
December 21st-22nd
December 28th-29th
January 4th-5th
January 11th-12th
January 18th-19th
January 25th-26th

Hopefully it brings better luck for me than last year lol...

#8 ·
Indiancreekducks87 said:
MarkM said:
stumpjumper1590 said:

November 16th-17th
November 23rd-24th
November 30th-Dec. 1st
December 7th-8th indiancreekducks87

December 14th-15th
December 21st-22nd
December 28th-29th
January 4th-5th
January 11th-12th
January 18th-19th
January 25th-26th

Hopefully it brings better luck for me than last year lol...
It's a confidence decoy. It should :wink:

#9 ·
Oh, I saw where you wrote in requirements, I'm just wondering why you feel you need to make stuff like that up. The worst that could happen would be a coot decoy would be lost. Also, I think there are some people that may want to participate that don't meet your "requirements".

#10 ·
tako1972 said:
Oh, I saw where you wrote in requirements, I'm just wondering why you feel you need to make stuff like that up. The worst that could happen would be a coot decoy would be lost. Also, I think there are some people that may want to participate that don't meet your "requirements".
Outside of a camera being sent as well, the requirements aren't hard to meet.

This is a lot less than others require: Have more than 50 posts, been active for a year or you have met someone on here.

You can get 50 posts within a few days if you wanted to participate.

#12 ·
tako1972 said:
I have more than met them but that really wasn't the point.
So, what is the question then?

#14 ·
I will just take the camera out and we can do no requirements then. Just snap your own photos and load em up.

#17 ·
:-) said:
I'm out...only been here long enough to try to find some new honey holes for this season. I can't believe you guys aren't willing to share more information with a new hunter. I've only been doing this for 20 years now, and could've really used some help.

On a serious note...I look forward to seeing the pictures, and hope you guys have a safe & productive season.
Where you at on the coast?

Crazy Matt said:
Requirements are necessary and they have always been enforced on the main flyway ramblers. Those requirements are more than fair. This weeds out the people that don't interact/contribute.
If you want to put em back up, go ahead. It doesn't bother me, as long as the rambler makes it way around the state in an acceptable time for each person.

#19 ·
Crazy Matt said:
I am too lazy, I am just agreeing with you.
Atlanta will do that to you...

#21 ·
#26 ·
Crazy Matt said:
That's my bottom bitch. Bad pic.
HA!

You don't do comedy for a living do you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.