14/15 Texas Traveling Coot Thread

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Re: 13/14 Texas Traveling Coot Thread

Postby MarkM » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:31 pm

So did you shoot another can today stump?
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I didn't get to hunt, however my dad and hunting partner did see another drake can and killed another 4 redheads.

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby MarkM » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:19 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:I didn't get to hunt, however my dad and hunting partner did see another drake can and killed another 4 redheads.

Hey as long as someone is gettin em. You gonna get a chance to hunt her this weekend again?
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:40 am

No unfortunately my time with the coot is done. Glad I could break the bad juju it had and hoping it brings the same luck it did to me.
I know it's a dead duck on the tailgate pic, but I wasn't there on this hunt/picture taking. Ol cooters last hunt results.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby MarkM » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:02 am

stumpjumper1590 wrote:No unfortunately my time with the coot is done. Glad I could break the bad juju it had and hoping it brings the same luck it did to me.
I know it's a dead duck on the tailgate pic, but I wasn't there on this hunt/picture taking. Ol cooters last hunt results.

Get in touch with Podleau. He's down there in your area so you might get a chance to hunt it during the week. You won't have to ship it to him hopefully

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:47 pm

MarkM wrote:
stumpjumper1590 wrote:Get in touch with Podleau. He's down there in your area so you might get a chance to hunt it during the week. You won't have to ship it to him hopefully

Pouldeau and I are both in Houston...
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby CCducker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:54 pm

We are all in Houston :no:
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Mojo281 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
stumpjumper1590 wrote:Get in touch with Podleau. He's down there in your area so you might get a chance to hunt it during the week. You won't have to ship it to him hopefully

CCducker wrote:We are all in Houston :no:

Not sure why I always thought he was in Corpus..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Mark I thought the same thing? Oh we'll she has already left and took her bling with her. She is scheduled to arrive Thursday.

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Cooter's gonna MOP some bar bellies this weekend … anyone have any idea how I can rig that ho on a motion stake … ?!?!?
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby CCducker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:29 pm

MarkM wrote:
Mojo281 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

CCducker wrote:We are all in Houston :no:

Not sure why I always thought he was in Corpus..

Unfortunantly I am back in the metropolis. Still get down to CC every weekend I can during the season =)
The Producers

I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby CCducker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Pouledeau wrote:Cooter's gonna MOP some bar bellies this weekend … anyone have any idea how I can rig that ho on a motion stake … ?!?!?

HA!, just Bungie him to a full body...close enough.

"Its not a tumor!"
The Producers

CCducker
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Pouledeau wrote:Cooter's gonna MOP some bar bellies this weekend … anyone have any idea how I can rig that ho on a motion stake … ?!?!?

Drill a hole in her I reckon, just don't go all the way through lol

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:09 pm

What’s with the candy in the box … ?!?!?!?! Are we doing a random item or something … ? Does the random item thing build … ? I’m headed to the panty store. LOL ...
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Pouledeau wrote:What’s with the candy in the box … ?!?!?!?! Are we doing a random item or something … ? Does the random item thing build … ? I’m headed to the panty store. LOL ...

Lmao we'll I thought we were doing a random item. However, those aren't not just simply candy! Those are God sent gifts from the heavens above.

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:21 am

stumpjumper1590 wrote:
Pouledeau wrote:What’s with the candy in the box … ?!?!?!?! Are we doing a random item or something … ? Does the random item thing build … ? I’m headed to the panty store. LOL ...

Lmao we'll I thought we were doing a random item. However, those aren't not just simply candy! Those are God sent gifts from the heavens above.

Yea we are doing a random item. I passed the necklace onto to stump but he thought it was good luck so he left it on. At least you got something to munch on in the blind before lst :thumbsup:

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Well like a NOT idiot, I took the stink off this stupid decoy - 10 pintail, 2 wigeon, 2 gadwall, 1 blue wing, 15 green wing. Pretty God **** great hunt! The sprigs were doing it in flocks of 30+ all morning. Put her on the jerk string - she dances like she’s saddling a pole … !!!

Like a COMPLETE idiot … I did’t bring a camera and the only picture I have is on someone else’s phone … I’m still waiting on them to send it too me and the picture doesn’t have the decoy in it.

Who’s next on the list and what’s their address? Depending on how long I need to ship it or drop it off, I can probably get another hunt out of her with pics.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Pouledeau wrote:Well like a NOT idiot, I took the stink off this stupid decoy - 10 pintail, 2 wigeon, 2 gadwall, 1 blue wing, 15 green wing. Pretty God **** great hunt! The sprigs were doing it in flocks of 30+ all morning. Put her on the jerk string - she dances like she’s saddling a pole … !!!

Like a COMPLETE idiot … I did’t bring a camera and the only picture I have is on someone else’s phone … I’m still waiting on them to send it too me and the picture doesn’t have the decoy in it.

Who’s next on the list and what’s their address? Depending on how long I need to ship it or drop it off, I can probably get another hunt out of her with pics.

Hard to believe without proof... will be waiting on that pic haha
Gig 'Em
Adam
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:36 am

Pintail-Peeler wrote:
Pouledeau wrote:Well like a NOT idiot, I took the stink off this stupid decoy - 10 pintail, 2 wigeon, 2 gadwall, 1 blue wing, 15 green wing. Pretty God **** great hunt! The sprigs were doing it in flocks of 30+ all morning. Put her on the jerk string - she dances like she’s saddling a pole … !!!

Hard to believe without proof... will be waiting on that pic haha

Hard to belive because 75% of the people on here shoot dog **** ... ? Or hard to believe because 75% of the people on here can't scratch limits? Just curious - cause where we hunt, that's a pretty common mixed bag. :biggrin:
Pouledeau
hunter

13/14 Texas Traveling Coot Thread

Postby :-) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Pouledeau wrote:
Hard to belive because 75% of the people on here shoot dog **** ... ? Or hard to believe because 75% of the people on here can't scratch limits? Just curious - cause where we hunt, that's a pretty common mixed bag. :biggrin:

Sorry about butting in, but that brings up a dang good point...I've been cyber scouting for a couple months on this forum, and I'm amazed at the number of people that are excited to go thru all the BS just to kill a duck or two. "The Honey Hole" is more like a chat room for PETA supporters!!!

There are some in there that feel like we shouldn't go out and shoot limits...they wouldn't like hunting with me very much! If I set up in the morning, and the birds changed their minds about where they want to feed my fat azz is fixna pick up decoys, and change locations. Leaving the water a bird shy of a limit pizzes me off!

Again I apologize for butting in...I just had to get that out of my system.
Last edited by :-) on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:-)
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:30 pm

:-) wrote:
Pouledeau wrote:

Sorry about butting in, but that brings up a dang good point...I've been cyber scouting for a couple months on this forum, and I'm amazed at the number of people that are excited to go thru all the BS just to kill a duck or two. "The Honey Hole" is more like a chat room for PITA supporters!!!

There are some in there that feel like we shouldn't go out and shoot limits...they wouldn't like hunting with me very much! If I set up in the morning, and the birds changed their minds about where they want to feed my fat azz is fixna pick up decoys, and change locations. Leaving the water a bird shy of a limit pizzes me off!

Again I apologize for butting in...I just had to get that out of my system.

It is spelled PETA and I am a proud member.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Anyone hungry?
Gig 'Em
Adam
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Postby :-) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Dang auto correct got me I guess...I edited my post so you can get some rest now. Lol
:-)
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:03 pm

:-) wrote:Dang auto correct got me I guess...I edited my post so you can get some rest now. Lol

I am surprised you aren't a member as well. I am not one of those treehugger, animal loving freaks. I am a member of People Eating Tasty Animals.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:09 am

No worries boyz.... I get COOTER next, I will be sure to show her a good time and kill some quality while doing it!!! Pouledeau is lucky bc got the invite to hunt over her two weekends in a row.
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting