Need a random thread?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Re: Need a random thread?

Postby daddyhuck » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:43 am

My buddy shot a hen on opening day and nothing for either of us since. Our spot has been good to us though so I'm not complaining. I am hoping our hole is not a skating rink this morning. The sleet is piled much higher than I though it would be.
daddyhuck
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:18 am

We have about 2" of slush on the road with some ice under it. Fun drive to the hole so far lol. At the donut shop in town waiting on another guy. We have had a pretty good season so far. There was some green on the pond yesterday were hunting this morning. Hopefully the storm didn't push em out
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 am

We are getting rain and cold wind, nothing else.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 am

Rain all night so will be interesting when it dips down to the 20s tonight and still in the 20s in the morning. Just stand on a bridge with a video camera and watch the magic happen.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:22 am

Was worth braving the weather this am!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 am

whistlin_wings wrote:Rain all night so will be interesting when it dips down to the 20s tonight and still in the 20s in the morning. Just stand on a bridge with a video camera and watch the magic happen.

Might just try this.

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Was worth braving the weather this am!

Nice pile of birds but....

You no good hen killer! :sarcmark:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:25 am

Haha those are grey duck hens so no biggie... They taste the same as the drakes. If it makes ya feel any better we let the hen mallard slide out unharmed. Saw a ton of birds this morning. Weather has em moving, so y'all get ready down south!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 am

Chorizo, egg and cheese. One of south Texas many hidden treasures.

Morning fellas!

Two more days and this awful split Sh!t will be over with!!!

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:09 am

stumpjumper1590 wrote:Chorizo, egg and cheese. One of south Texas many hidden treasures.

Morning fellas!

Two more days and this awful split Sh!t will be over with!!!

Got until the 21st here :mad:

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am

Morning stump.... We have breakfast tacos on every street corner in dallas lol. I had some for breakfast yesterday.. Chorizo is oh so tasty. I'm with mark, we gotta wait till the 21st up here! /:
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:48 am

I will be up in Dallas on the 28th weekend to take my boat out on tawakoni. If I didn't have a full boat with my two brothers, I would take y'all out. Oh and one of my brothers is around 350 lbs... so the weight limit gets taken up fast. We might check out Ray Roberts, but every time I go on that lake I have some new guys that set up close to us and are trying to train their dog while sky blasting at everything that moves ha. I'm sure with this push, Dallas should be getting some good birds in. Hope yall have a good hunt. :thumbsup:
Gig 'Em
Adam

2013-2014 Strap:
Cans: 2
Bufflehead: 1
Redhead: 2
Mallard: 1
Gadwall: 13
Green Wing: 2
Spoony: 6
Pintail: 3
Ringneck: 5
mottled: 2
lesser scaup: 1
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 am

Pintail-Peeler wrote:I will be up in Dallas on the 28th weekend to take my boat out on tawakoni. If I didn't have a full boat with my two brothers, I would take y'all out. Oh and one of my brothers is around 350 lbs... so the weight limit gets taken up fast. We might check out Ray Roberts, but every time I go on that lake I have some new guys that set up close to us and are trying to train their dog while sky blasting at everything that moves ha. I'm sure with this push, Dallas should be getting some good birds in. Hope yall have a good hunt. :thumbsup:

No worries... Good luck with all that and better wear some Kevlar!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:42 am

Haha no joke. My brother lives up there, but hasn't put any elbow grease in finding new spots because of work (everyone's excuse). He's a child psychologist and gets out about one weekend a year. So we will settle for some mediocre hunts for his birthday, but I'm going to push him to scout more. The only scouting I can do from midland is google earth haha.
Gig 'Em
Adam

2013-2014 Strap:
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 am

Lol I hear ya.. Google can only get you so far especially since it's not a current image.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 am

Ha yea, I just look for inlets and hope there is water there when I scout the day before ha.
Gig 'Em
Adam

2013-2014 Strap:
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Morning stump.... We have breakfast tacos on every street corner in dallas lol. I had some for breakfast yesterday.. Chorizo is oh so tasty. I'm with mark, we gotta wait till the 21st up here! /:

Yeah but I was sucking when y'all were still posting up pics of shooting birds in ice storms. I was black drum fishing pretending to shoot ducks that flew by. So the big picture is fair.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Lol true.... They do this same set up next season we may have to swap some hunts to keep Hunting through it!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Lol true.... They do this same set up next season we may have to swap some hunts to keep Hunting through it!

I REALLY like the way you think!

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Stump! You killing birds or what???? Anybody killing birds? I'm getting tired of waiting for Saturday! Lol
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Warm temps and no wind make it hard for me.
It sucks when from the blind you can see probably 1000 birds but they just sit there all freakin day. Hunted Saturday and killed a three man limit of redheads and a nice bull sprig. Then Monday a two man limit of redheads and two blue bills.

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Gotcha... Yeah I'm hoping this little north wind they are calling for Saturday morning helps us out. We have decent numbers but not great numbers. I'm just ready to get back in the blind!!!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby :-) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:34 pm

I hunted a lake on Saturday, and in Colorado county Sunday over rice fields. The lake didn't have a ton of birds, but they worked ok. The rice fields are full of ducks, geese, and cranes, but very few were willing to get shot.

In both places the birds preferred being in the middle of the open water...I guess they know they're safe there.

I'm going to get a little salt on my waders Thursday-Sunday, and I'm hoping that there are some backwater areas that I can find with less pressure. Maybe even a little variety of species.

With that said, so far the first season was much better than the second.
:-)
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Gotcha... Yeah I'm hoping this little north wind they are calling for Saturday morning helps us out. We have decent numbers but not great numbers. I'm just ready to get back in the blind!!!

Mine is showing it won't hit until Sunday..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:20 pm

MarkM wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Gotcha... Yeah I'm hoping this little north wind they are calling for Saturday morning helps us out. We have decent numbers but not great numbers. I'm just ready to get back in the blind!!!

Dang it! The weather changed in the last couple hours lol, well kinda. Now it's showing nw Friday night, turning to s wind sat, then back to the n on Sunday lol. At least that's what it is saying for Farmersville. This could be interesting to say the least...
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:30 am

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Dang it! The weather changed in the last couple hours lol, well kinda. Now it's showing nw Friday night, turning to s wind sat, then back to the n on Sunday lol. At least that's what it is saying for Farmersville. This could be interesting to say the least...

ITS A SHARKNADO COMING YOUR WAY!

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting