Lake Limestone

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Lake Limestone

Postby lowlife » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:57 am

Anybody hunting Limestone this year?
How do you know the person that wrote the reading, wrote the reading right? Festus
lowlife
hunter

Re: Lake Limestone

Postby Barney#1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:23 pm

They might be now :thumbsup:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby Catdaddy89 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:24 pm

I am. It's a plot lake you have to draw God coordinates to hunt in. $200 a spot if I remember right. Went and built a blind two weeks ago which I'm sure is under water now. Saw quite a few teal and some gads
Catdaddy89
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Barney#1 wrote:They might be now :thumbsup:

I mean is it really that complicated? I guess some people will never learn...
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Lol first post too
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby lowlife » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:16 pm

I was lucky enough to get a spot too and yeah it's getting water now. BTY DC, the reason it's the first post is because of a 10 yr break.
How do you know the person that wrote the reading, wrote the reading right? Festus
lowlife
hunter

Postby fishcatchr1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:10 am

I was able to get a permit out there this year. Heading up this weekend to scout our spot for opening day.
fishcatchr1
Newb

Postby 3CK » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Barney#1 wrote:They might be now :thumbsup:

Freaking lake namers. Dumb Dumb Dumb.
1854 Uncle J with Stage2 GTR
3CK
hunter

Postby lowlife » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 am

Lake namers??? LOL I won't get into head butting but Limestone is no secrete, a lot of folks come from a long ways to get a chance to draw a spot. If you draw, you buy your permit and no one can hunt your spot. We are talking about hunting legal and sportsman courtesy, right? :shades:
lowlife
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 am

Catdaddy89 wrote:I am. It's a plot lake you have to draw God coordinates to hunt in. $200 a spot if I remember right. Went and built a blind two weeks ago which I'm sure is under water now. Saw quite a few teal and some gads

You got on one out there this year?
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby 3CK » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 am

lowlife wrote:Lake namers??? LOL I won't get into head butting but Limestone is no secrete, a lot of folks come from a long ways to get a chance to draw a spot. If you draw, you buy your permit and no one can hunt your spot. We are talking about hunting legal and sportsman courtesy, right? :shades:

Exactly correct. And thats why there was more people there at the drawing this year then ever before..
1854 Uncle J with Stage2 GTR
3CK
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 pm

3CK wrote:Exactly correct. And thats why there was more people there at the drawing this year then ever before..

I blame Duck Dynasty
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Catdaddy89 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:31 pm

MarkM wrote:
Catdaddy89 wrote:I am. It's a plot lake you have to draw God coordinates to hunt in. $200 a spot if I remember right. Went and built a blind two weeks ago which I'm sure is under water now. Saw quite a few teal and some gads

Yeah two of them. With some guys from the mine
Catdaddy89
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Catdaddy89 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Yeah two of them. With some guys from the mine

Good deal. Glad you were able to get on some spots to hunt

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:10 pm

lowlife wrote:Lake namers??? LOL I won't get into head butting but Limestone is no secrete, a lot of folks come from a long ways to get a chance to draw a spot. If you draw, you buy your permit and no one can hunt your spot. We are talking about hunting legal and sportsman courtesy, right? :shades:

Never in my life have i heard of that lake, but i guess i'll just have to look into it now. Thanks :hi:
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Duck Collector wrote:

Never in my life have i heard of that lake, but i guess i'll just have to look into it now. Thanks :hi:

My thoughts exactly ;)

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:
Duck Collector wrote:

My thoughts exactly ;)

Sent from my busted iPhone

I mean evvvvverytime i ask about a lake everyone else keeps sayin theres no ducks in Texas. I guess because they charge $200 to hunt it all the ducks go to lake Limestone...uhh ohh i just lake named shame on me :rolleyes:
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Catdaddy89 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Good deal. Glad you were able to get on some spots to hunt[/quote]
Yeah still looking forward to an un-named river education
Catdaddy89
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:10 am

Catdaddy89 wrote:Good deal. Glad you were able to get on some spots to hunt

Yeah still looking forward to an un-named river education[/quote]
Still gotta see about another spot on it. Been to lazy to drive down and ask em lol

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby lowlife » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 am

Exactly correct. And thats why there was more people there at the drawing this year then ever before..[/quote]
Point made!!! :bow: But it is still luck of the draw. Most folks came with three or four friends and left when one was drawn. But some folks also got more than one, which indeed left out others! Sad to say, not much has changed in my time away!
lowlife
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:23 am

lowlife wrote:Exactly correct. And thats why there was more people there at the drawing this year then ever before..

Point made!!! :bow: But it is still luck of the draw. Most folks came with three or four friends and left when one was drawn. But some folks also got more than one, which indeed left out others! Sad to say, not much has changed in my time away![/quote]
That lake isn't the only one that happens on. It happens in every state on every lake where you draw for blinds.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Catdaddy89 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:01 pm

No ducks anywhere. Looks like we wasted a crapload of money
Catdaddy89
hunter

Postby lowlife » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:08 am

That's because they were all over on my side! LOL Ya'll go across the river channel and hunt my spot, I'm working nites. :thumbsup:
lowlife
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Depending on what blind you draw, there are goo dhunts to be had!!

Here is one of my hunts out there a few seasons ago... Couldn't quite finish off that limit! :yes:

IMG_0542.JPG
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting