hunting lake o the pines

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

hunting lake o the pines

Postby easttexasduckhunter » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:40 pm

wanted to know where to hunt on lake o the pines ive been there a few times but the water was so shallow i coulnt get a boat where i wanted
woodie wacker
easttexasduckhunter
hunter

Postby Bustaduck » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:31 am

That's a good question. My dad is from Kilgore. If you find out, let me know. I'd like to hunt it too.
A bad day in the field is better than a good day at work.
Bustaduck
hunter

Postby Stretch » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:26 pm

Drive across the 155 bridge slow down and look at both sides , you dont want to hunt pines believe me...
Stretch
hunter

Postby easttexasduckhunter » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:33 pm

is that lone star lake? If it is i didnt think u could hunt it? Is the water really shallow?
easttexasduckhunter
hunter

Postby Stretch » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:52 pm

the 155 bridge runs across the upper end of lake o da pines... right now its shallow and slap full of hydrilla , need a push pole or mud motor.. it you want to shoot coots and scaup , put in at the bridge and hunt any of the islands , if you want to kill real ducks find another lake.
Stretch
hunter

You don't want to hunt Lake O' Pines

Postby MallardMassacre » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:29 pm

There are better places to hunt. Pines is way over hunted, and few ducks are around there. If you do though, hunt around back behind the small islands on the north end. There are some good holes. I suggest the public hunting lands if you can find someone kind enough to show you around.
MallardMassacre
Newb

Return to Texas Duck Hunting