Sabine River Bottom

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Sabine River Bottom

Postby Bustaduck » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:39 am

Has anyone ever hunted the Sabine River Bottom WMA? If so,how is it?
A bad day in the field is better than a good day at work.
Bustaduck
hunter

Postby Dukslayr » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:25 pm

Is that the one where there is the old sabine river and the new sabine river and it floods in between them. Northeast Texas up near lake fork???
Shoot to kill ask questions later.
Dukslayr
hunter

Postby easttexasduckhunter » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:01 pm

i live by the sabine up around longview i was wondering if theres is anywhere to hunt on the river up here or if u have to go down stream? Ive heard there are some good places on the river where it runs through big sloughs down by toledo ben
easttexasduckhunter
hunter

Postby Dukslayr » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:05 pm

Do you have a Public hunting lands permit? If so you will need a boat also, go to the old sabine bottom, it is up by Lindale, on CR 1804. You have to check in, but there is mallards galore.
Shoot to kill ask questions later.
Dukslayr
hunter

Postby Stretch » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:21 pm

Should be a boat ramp out by whisky bend between kilgore and longview , should also be one on 42 headed toward whiteoak... I use to hunt the cole bottom over by whiteoak years ago , I lived down close to murrals lake and hunted that whole bottom , prime duck sloughs down there years ago but i havent hunted them in sometime
Stretch
hunter

Postby easttexasduckhunter » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:37 pm

did the river just get wide and turn into a slough or did u hunt on private land off the river?
easttexasduckhunter
hunter

Postby rlp1970 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:56 am

Sabine River bottoms sounds like alot of fun when the ducks are there. Have you guys that hunted it seen ducks most of the time or is it hit and miss?
rlp1970
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting