post your hunting spot here

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Re: post your hunting spot here

Postby tako1972 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:02 pm

The forum will not grow( as stated above) by handing out your spots, not in the way most would want anyway. The forum will grow when we can move on to water fowling methods, tactics , and sharing hunt experiences instead of addressing the same old work/research issues. I think those posts should be deleted as soon as they come up honestly.
tako1972
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:13 pm

tako1972 wrote:The forum will not grow( as stated above) by handing out your spots, not in the way most would want anyway. The forum will grow when we can move on to water fowling methods, tactics , and sharing hunt experiences instead of addressing the same old work/research issues. I think those posts should be deleted as soon as they come up honestly.

Well said Tako!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby CCducker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey MOJO we hunt the same areas! :yes: :beer:
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm

tako1972 wrote:The forum will not grow( as stated above) by handing out your spots, not in the way most would want anyway. The forum will grow when we can move on to water fowling methods, tactics , and sharing hunt experiences instead of addressing the same old work/research issues. I think those posts should be deleted as soon as they come up honestly.

They don't want us to have a heavy Obama hand here. Just have to ignore them.

I took you to my spot without you scouting with me, lucky for me you don't tell everyone or those 3 teal could be shot by someone else :wink:
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Duck_Happy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Three teal will become one hundred in central Texas
Duck_Happy
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:58 pm

you took me to a spot you knew of, but I didn't say "Hey Whistlin', where exactly are you hunting?" or "where are all the birds pouring in?" and you know that I log driving miles like a trucker. Maybe the deletion of those kind of posts is heavy handed but I honestly think that we lose time talking strategy to arguing about work ethic. Maybe we just let em slide down the forum unanswered. I don't know.
And those teal deserve better, haha!
tako1972
hunter

Postby :-) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Not all public hunting land/waters are listed by TPWD, some area lakes have restrictions that are almost impossible to find, and not everyone has the ability/skill to go out on their own.

Don't assume everyone is trying to freeload...some people just need a little help, and want to be legal.
:-)
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm only going to post one more time on this subject because I truly do think the subject is beat to death. I don't know who the last post was directed to but I'll bring up that we were talking about a person who said literally "so where do you hunt in Austin?". If that in your opinion of asking for help , then something's wrong.I know that not every spot is listed by TPWD or that every spot is governed by TPWD. You want to know how I know these things? Because I got in my car with a pirogue strapped to the top and I DROVE . I CALLED. I JOINED and VOLUNTEERED(duck organizations). I've been very fortunate to move here from a state(Louisiana) known for it's hospitality and meet fine people that would show just as much. All I am saying is people just want a little discretion, that's all. Now I will not talk about this no more. I live in Austin as a butcher/ caterer. I hunt from Texas east to New Orleans. If someone wants to contact me in regards to duck hunting/goose hunting just shoot me a message. Will I tell you every little spot I hunt, most likely no. I am all for fellowship and and will do what I can to lend a hand .
tako1972
hunter

Postby nick2021 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:37 pm

tako1972 wrote:I'm only going to post one more time on this subject because I truly do think the subject is beat to death. I don't know who the last post was directed to but I'll bring up that we were talking about a person who said literally "so where do you hunt in Austin?". If that in your opinion of asking for help , then something's wrong.I know that not every spot is listed by TPWD or that every spot is governed by TPWD. You want to know how I know these things? Because I got in my car with a pirogue strapped to the top and I DROVE . I CALLED. I JOINED and VOLUNTEERED(duck organizations). I've been very fortunate to move here from a state(Louisiana) known for it's hospitality and meet fine people that would show just as much. All I am saying is people just want a little discretion, that's all. Now I will not talk about this no more. I live in Austin as a butcher/ caterer. I hunt from Texas east to New Orleans. If someone wants to contact me in regards to duck hunting/goose hunting just shoot me a message. Will I tell you every little spot I hunt, most likely no. I am all for fellowship and and will do what I can to lend a hand .

Good post. Involvement in local waterfowl organizations is a great start. Asking where a person hunts in Austin was probably not the best way to directly approach somebody. Do research on what's available in the area of interest first. That's why so many people recommend looking at the Texas Public Lands info. as a starting point. Once you've exhausted that method, continue to look/google other areas of interest. The Internet is man's best friend and people don't even realize it. Make a couple of phone calls to the wardens in the areas you are interested in. If they don't have the information you need, they can usually point you in the right direction. Their contact information is right there on the TPW website for the entire state. Once you have that information, go out and scout.
Personally, I think the biggest issue is not so much doing the research on where to hunt (although it can still be an issue at times). It's people not wanting to put in the time to scout. Scouting is not easy as it takes time, money, and resources. It is each individual's responsibility to scout….if somebody is willing to give you his/her spots or do the scouting for you, more power to you. The last couple of seasons on public land have been real bad in some areas….people don't scout and end up fighting for the usual/same spots. It's understandable that some people are sensitive to this issue.
nick2021
hunter

Postby :-) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 pm

tako my post wasn't pointed to anyone in particular...just a response to the generic contact TPWD, or purchase the APH Permit statements.
:-)
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:47 pm

CCducker wrote:Hey MOJO we hunt the same areas! :yes: :beer:

And I same as you :yes: I've seen you. Not for a while though.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:51 am

Image Honey hole...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:29 am

:lol3: I hit that same hole yesterday. Looks less crowded now.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:34 am

Slept in this hole watching the mouth breathers... No need for dekes even... they pour in there like beer and hot pockets are on clearance

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SAHunter1983
hunter

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting