East Texas hunters

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

East Texas hunters

Postby TXHunter96 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Hello all, I haven't got to go out to my property this year because of work and school. I have a week off at thanksgiving so I will be spending it down there. Since I haven't been able to scout or hunt this year, I was just wondering what types of ducks y'all have been seeing. I'm not asking for spots or free trips but just how the numbers have been and what you're seeing. My property is about 30 minutes west of Longview in the tiny town of big sandy if you're familiar with the area. Any info would be great!! Thank you!
Deer, Ducks, Guns > School
TXHunter96
hunter

Re: East Texas hunters

Postby Mojo281 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:07 pm

I haven't been in the area, but most of Texas is holding decent numbers of greenwing, wigeon, and gadwall if you have the groceries...
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Re: East Texas hunters

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Agree with that. Lots of gadwall and bluebills here in Mount Vernon. Although last Saturday happened to see lots on Mallard on other private ponds..
When times are tough and flocks are small, just take your time and kill them all.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting