Good Luck Fellas!

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Good Luck Fellas!

Postby MarkM » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Finally we get a taste of the weather we have all been waiting for!

I may be late the work these next few days but they can get over it.
Attachments
weather.JPG
weather.JPG (9.36 KiB) Viewed 654 times
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX


Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby :-) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 pm

It will be a few more days before they make it down here, but it will be on Friday for sure. I'm sick of shooting teal, ringnecks, and shovelers...it's time for some real ducks to show up.
User avatar
:-)
hunter
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:57 pm
Location: Texas Coast

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby MarkM » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:35 pm

:-) wrote:It will be a few more days before they make it down here, but it will be on Friday for sure. I'm sick of shooting teal, ringnecks, and shovelers...it's time for some real ducks to show up.

I would take shooting them... Haven't bagged anything so far this year
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby Mojo281 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm

MarkM wrote:I would take shooting them... Haven't bagged anything so far this year

I have a feeling you aren't scouting or are hunting in the wrong spots...
Make em hate it!!
User avatar
Mojo281
hunter
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: SE Texas

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby MarkM » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Mojo281 wrote:
MarkM wrote:I would take shooting them... Haven't bagged anything so far this year

I have a feeling you aren't scouting or are hunting in the wrong spots...

Right spots wrong days. Had birds flying high over the weekend that had no interest in landing. No shooting going on around me...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby :-) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:34 pm

I wouldn't call that the right spot...it's a lot of work just to watch em fly by 300 yards away from the decoys.

I'm sure it will get better, and it says a lot that you're still getting up after having those bad hunts. It's easy to hit that snooze button even when you're getting limits.
User avatar
:-)
hunter
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:57 pm
Location: Texas Coast

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby Mojo281 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 pm

MarkM wrote:
Mojo281 wrote:
MarkM wrote:I would take shooting them... Haven't bagged anything so far this year

I have a feeling you aren't scouting or are hunting in the wrong spots...

Right spots wrong days. Had birds flying high over the weekend that had no interest in landing. No shooting going on around me...

I'm not trying to bust your balls... But I would find exactly where said birds are feeding, watering, gritting, or loafing and hunt there!!

This front should push some birds for sure!
Make em hate it!!
User avatar
Mojo281
hunter
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: SE Texas

Good Luck Fellas!

Postby MarkM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:01 am

Mojo281 wrote:I'm not trying to bust your balls... But I would find exactly where said birds are feeding, watering, gritting, or loafing and hunt there!!

This front should push some birds for sure!

I would if I could. It's private land all around and they aren't wanting people on their property. I'm right in their flyway and they just haven't been wanting to come sit down.

:-) wrote:I wouldn't call that the right spot...it's a lot of work just to watch em fly by 300 yards away from the decoys.

I'm sure it will get better, and it says a lot that you're still getting up after having those bad hunts. It's easy to hit that snooze button even when you're getting limits.

Na they haven't been that far away. Furthest they've been was about 30 yards out I would say but they were 50 yards up. Just not wanting to come in.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby Adams12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 am

:-) wrote:It will be a few more days before they make it down here, but it will be on Friday for sure. I'm sick of shooting teal, ringnecks, and shovelers...it's time for some real ducks to show up.

Tell me about it. That's all we have been killing just add some redheads
Adams12
Newb
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:49 am

Adams12 wrote:
:-) wrote:It will be a few more days before they make it down here, but it will be on Friday for sure. I'm sick of shooting teal, ringnecks, and shovelers...it's time for some real ducks to show up.

Tell me about it. That's all we have been killing just add some redheads


We'll y'all send some ring necks to me and I will send the pintails to y'all. I need to add another species to my list!


Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
User avatar
stumpjumper1590
hunter
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Corpus Christi TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby tako1972 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 am

Went this morning before work. Lots o' birds. Cut down four before 730, would have been more but birds were flaring off of other gunfire. I also had to leave for work. Big groups of more teal. Some grey, couple widgeon . Getcha some
tako1972
hunter
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby hopelessaddict » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:34 pm

been shootn a lot of greys and ringers myself...yesterday was able to hunt and had real nice mixed bag of pintail, shoveler, redhead, teal, ringer, bluebill, one grey and even saw two mallards...I think they are on the move! havn a hella of a time decoying birds for this early in the year though!!!
hopelessaddict
hunter
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Birds have been pretty skiddish for us as well. I had to work today so I missed the front but my dad and buddy shot a quick limit. Said the birds were thick!!!!!! Some nice cans, gads, and teal. They said there were group after group of geese migrating through as well. They also said the birds didn't even hesitate to hit the decoys so that's a good change. Hoping they stick around for this weekend so I can get in on the action.
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
User avatar
Indiancreekducks87
hunter
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Farmersville, Tx

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 am

Finally got good with this front. Saw more birds this morning than I have combined the past 2 weeks. Could have been done by 6:50 but didn't want to water swat 3 gadwall.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby MarkM » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:38 am

whistlin_wings wrote:Finally got good with this front. Saw more birds this morning than I have combined the past 2 weeks. Could have been done by 6:50 but didn't want to water swat 3 gadwall.

You need to come out here this weekend. Lot of birds flying this morning.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:52 am

MarkM wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Finally got good with this front. Saw more birds this morning than I have combined the past 2 weeks. Could have been done by 6:50 but didn't want to water swat 3 gadwall.

You need to come out here this weekend. Lot of birds flying this morning.

How many did you kill?
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby MarkM » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 am

whistlin_wings wrote:
MarkM wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Finally got good with this front. Saw more birds this morning than I have combined the past 2 weeks. Could have been done by 6:50 but didn't want to water swat 3 gadwall.

You need to come out here this weekend. Lot of birds flying this morning.

How many did you kill?

Left at 7 but I only had 4. Didn't really feel like walking a long distance this morning since I would have to leave early for work.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 am

I hate having to work at 6! Buddy texted me at 7 said he was already back at the house with 2 redheads, 2 BW teal and 2 shovlers. Plus a bonus goose!


Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
User avatar
stumpjumper1590
hunter
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Corpus Christi TX

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 am

stumpjumper1590 wrote:I hate having to work at 6! Buddy texted me at 7 said he was already back at the house with 2 redheads, 2 BW teal and 2 shovlers. Plus a bonus goose!


Sent from my busted iPhone


X2!!!! My buddy has limited out 3 mornings in a row.
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
User avatar
Indiancreekducks87
hunter
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Farmersville, Tx

Re: Good Luck Fellas!

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 am

I'm come on a Corpus Christi goose. You know birds are moving when that happens


Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
User avatar
stumpjumper1590
hunter
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Corpus Christi TX


Return to Texas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests