Blinds

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Re: Blinds

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Barney#1 wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Soooooooo... Stump, you just gonna be selling hot dogs out of one of those stands? I'm thinking you should think about brats, beverages, maybe some tacos.....

:lol: :beer: I'd stop by for sure :thumbsup:

Does anyone just sit in the brush anymore? I have made a brush blind on occasion when cover is scarce. If some one beats me to it so be it, I cut some more and brush up my back up spot. Another plus is they blow over after the first storm and dont trash out our public waters. I don't hunt permanent blinds therefore avoid the tools that want to fight over um.
Getting shot over a blind. Stupid and far too serious for 6 ducks.

I' d rather my ulegy read "he died wrestling a 14 foot gator for his spot and the gator is recovering at the wildlife rehabilitation center" instead of "shot by a hot head over a hot dog stand.......I mean duck blind"

Yes we will have a full menu to include beer on tap. Also we can cook your catch/kill as we'll, our blackened trout on wild Cajun rice is a local favorite! ;)

This thread turned out better then I expected! I kinda hope he hunts the coast one day with a pistol on his hip, good luck cleaning that biotch when you get home.

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Pouledeau wrote:
mtsooner wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree Pouledeau. No one has the right to ask, suggest, get irritated because of, when someone is in a blind on public land, and yeh, in this day and age with the ignorance of people, I can see something potentially escalating because of it. So, I'd rather be armed with something other than a shotgun with #2 shot in it.

This is just my opinion, and probably not worth much. Sorry guys if I stirred the pot too much.

Fights do happen on rare occasion. It’s still not worth having a gun in the mix. I'll tell ya' what. Let's settle this at the fun range.

We'll have three competitions under pressure and timed. You with your trusty sidearm and me with my 28" barrel full of no. 2's. $100 per target - 5 yards, 15 yards, and 30 yards. If you can outdraw me with my shoty vs. your pistol, fire, AND put the bullet in the vitals before my shotgun goes off (and it will be in the vitals) at any yardage … I'll concede to your point.

For the purpose of this exercise, full duck hunting gear, waders and camo will be required.

Although. Knowing what I know about vectors, shot patterns, home invasion, and knowing who I know that teach CHL courses and personal defense courses - if you wanna settle up before the shoot, you can just owe me $150 … 50% savings isn’t bad pro … !

I was waiting on somebody else to say it. My idea exactly. What's the point of the pistol in a holster when you already have a loaded shotgun in your hands.. Not that it matters. Next we can discuss which dad could beat up the other.

If somebody pulled up and said it was their blind I would thank them, toss them a beer and ask if they want to join. If they aren't nice about it I would probably toss the beer with a lot of force. But it's still a nice gesture.

Come to think of it. You could solve almost all disputes by offering them a beer.

Fighting over the last ham the day before thanksgiving at Wally World? Beer him
Guy thinks entire SEC will destroy all other schools?
Beer him
Guys an Obama supporter?
Beer him with extra velocity.

I'm going to be rich. I'm now selling beer holsters, custom colors, and fitted for your beer of choice. Pm for details!
rrkyle
hunter

Postby Russ-n-Brazoria » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 am

mtsooner wrote:Nice try. I set the stand up the night before hunting, and it wasn't fixed or permanent. He wasn't sitting in it, he was stealing it.

Again, I didn't use any firearm, I was wearing one.

Nice to know your the cyber sheriff around these parts, though, Russ. I feel safer now.

Sent from my Tapatalk

No sir not me, just a Marshbilly that's amused by irony of someone hollering about someone trying to steal a stand from a place he intended too hunt is going to show his piece too someone that set a blind he's sitting in.

I guess I better start wearing Kevlar when I pick up brush blinds in the marsh now. You can have the shoreline but you better bring your own cover ;)
Russ-n-Brazoria
hunter

Postby hopelessaddict » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 am

permanent blinds should not be allowed and anyone caught building one should be fined
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby mtsooner » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 am

rrkyle wrote:If somebody pulled up and said it was their blind I would thank them, toss them a beer and ask if they want to join. If they aren't nice about it I would probably toss the beer with a lot of force. But it's still a nice gesture.

Come to think of it. You could solve almost all disputes by offering them a beer.

Beer him
Guys an Obama supporter?

I'm going to be rich. I'm now selling beer holsters, custom colors, and fitted for your beer of choice. Pm for details!

:lol3: My favorite post on any message board I've seen this year. Thanks for that, rrkyle. By the way, I think your on to something. I'd buy one of those holsters! I'd gladly replace a sidearm with a beerarm!

Wanna solve the world's problems....titties and beer :thumbsup:
"The more you know, the less you carry." -Mors Kochanski
mtsooner
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:08 am

mtsooner wrote:
rrkyle wrote:If somebody pulled up and said it was their blind I would thank them, toss them a beer and ask if they want to join. If they aren't nice about it I would probably toss the beer with a lot of force. But it's still a nice gesture.

Beer him
Guys an Obama supporter?

:lol3: My favorite post on any message board I've seen this year. Thanks for that, rrkyle. By the way, I think your on to something. I'd buy one of those holsters! I'd gladly replace a sidearm with a beerarm!

Coming in 2014- You thought the beer holster was great? Prepare your self!
INSTA TITTIES!! 3 payments of 19.95 +S&H.
Offer does not apply in some states.
rrkyle
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:23 am

rrkyle wrote:
mtsooner wrote:

Beer him
Guys an Obama supporter?

Listen bud, there's only room for one business advertisement in this thread!

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:19 am

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... AWESOME.

P.s. - my Dad can NOT beat up your Dad.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 am

stumpjumper1590 wrote:
rrkyle wrote:
mtsooner wrote:

Beer him
Guys an Obama supporter?

Listen bud, there's only room for one business advertisement in this thread!

Hey I'm just saying, we could sell these at the hot dog stand and make a killing.
rrkyle
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 am

Ok I like were your going with this. I even came up with your jingle. We believe everyone has the right to beer arms ;)

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Geeeeezzzzz this isnt even the same thread anymore lol yall have gone from public blinds to hot dog stands to carrying handguns to a pissing match between shotgun or pistol then BACK to hotdog stand thats now selling beer AND beer holsters....lmao :clapping:
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Duck Collector wrote:Geeeeezzzzz this isnt even the same thread anymore lol yall have gone from public blinds to hot dog stands to carrying handguns to a pissing match between shotgun or pistol then BACK to hotdog stand thats now selling beer AND beer holsters....lmao :clapping:

I believe I did state from the beginning it was gonna get good!! Haha
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 pm

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for.

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
Duck Collector wrote:Geeeeezzzzz this isnt even the same thread anymore lol yall have gone from public blinds to hot dog stands to carrying handguns to a pissing match between shotgun or pistol then BACK to hotdog stand thats now selling beer AND beer holsters....lmao :clapping:

I believe I did state from the beginning it was gonna get good!! Haha

:yes: You called it. Sometimes you just see the topic and think yep here it goes.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby SATX duckman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:51 pm

So you going with a bird theme name like hooters???
Can i suggest the loose goose for this beer selling hotdog stand??? I hope its a walk in near the boat ramp.
SATX duckman
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 pm

The coot shoot?
rrkyle
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:08 pm

You forgot titties PRO.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:23 pm

I think we should vote
Coot shoot
Loose goose

What's everyone's input

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby :-) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Cooter Hole...cause it's always wet!
:-)
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Cooter hole is a good one.

Question on the hot dogs cooking-
Propane? Or coal/wood?
rrkyle
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:37 am

If it's wood we will have to build another platform for the wood pile next to the blind.

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:05 am

Geeeeezzzzz this isnt even the same thread anymore lol yall have gone from public blinds to hot dog stands to carrying handguns to a pissing match between shotgun or pistol then BACK to hotdog stand thats now selling beer, insta titties*** AND beer holsters....lmao

Better Pouledeau?
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:11 am

stumpjumper1590 wrote:If it's wood we will have to build another platform for the wood pile next to the blind.

I know a great free source for the wood! We can just chop down a different old blind on "public" land every day.

Imagine those guys show up to get in their private hunting spot and can't find the blind!
Oh well once the sun comes up they will see the cooter hole and come grab a beer and get over it.
rrkyle
hunter

Postby Flatire » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:33 am

yeah but once the beer starts then we will have drunk wardens issuing citations for others operating their boats drunk
put it on the table
Flatire
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:42 am

Flatire wrote:yeah but once the beer starts then we will have drunk wardens issuing citations for others operating their boats drunk

Wouldn't be our fault. There are plenty of routes home out on the water, just know that behind the blinds a cop may be waiting to pull you over
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting