peach point

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

peach point

Postby Air-Lucky » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:26 pm

how was everyones season at peach point wma? i hunted there a handful of times and only shot teal. just wondering if everyone did the same as i was there
Air-Lucky
account suspended for biz name useage

Postby bluegill » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:25 pm

Hunted there twice. The first time was in the one week of open duck season just after teal season. 3 of us got limits of bluewing teal. The second time was just before new years. Five of us got 17 ducks, including greenwings, spoonies and a ruddy duck.

Each time i go down there i am amazed by the number of ducks and geese.
"If at first you don't succeed, reload"
bluegill
hunter

Postby AEKDB5 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:05 am

Hunted there quite a lot since it is right near my home...shot quite a lot of duck and geese out there. Some days were on and some days were off. Just so tired of having to wait in line so long, not really much fun getting out there right after midnight to hunt on a Sat. and around 2pm to hunt during the week. But all in all, the season out there was okay...Did shoot a Hooded Merganser Drake out there that will be going up on my wall. Got my 13 yr old nephew into duck hunting this year and he shot his first goose out there, talk about an excited young boy...he had a great time.
AEKDB To Those That Know!!!!!!!
AEKDB5
Newb

Return to Texas Duck Hunting