Tyler TX

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Tyler TX

Postby rangerpat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey y'all, I'm just wondering if anyone needs a partner for ducks in the tyler area in the next week or two. I'm on leave visiting family and my other duck plans have fallen through. I brought my scattergun and need to get some birds. Not too many ducks in Arizona where I'm stationed. Thanks
rangerpat
Newb

Re: Tyler TX

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:34 pm

I would invite you to come with me but I'm about an hour and a half north of you.
When times are tough and flocks are small, just take your time and kill them all.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Tyler TX

Postby :-) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 pm

QuackkAddictsTX wrote:I would invite you to come with me but I'm about an hour and a half north of you.

I'll be up near Mount Mexico next week...tell me your favorite hunting spots!
:-)
hunter

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:02 pm

:-) wrote:
QuackkAddictsTX wrote:I would invite you to come with me but I'm about an hour and a half north of you.

If you're referring to Mount Pleasant then yes lol. However I'm in Mount Vernon 15 miles west tearing them up! ButI have land permission to Mr. Cavenders land off of hwy 67 and private land adjacent to it if you have any idea where thats at...
When times are tough and flocks are small, just take your time and kill them all.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Postby lowlife1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:26 pm

I used to deliver parts to the draglines at Winefield and would see hundreds on those ponds on Hwy 67!!! :thumbsup:
lowlife1
Newb

Postby :-) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Before I moved down to South Texas I hunted on the Broseco Ranch some, but most of the time I hunted around lakes further east, the Sulphur River when it flooded, and beaver ponds along Black Cypress.
:-)
hunter

Postby JBurns » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:11 pm

QuackkAddictsTX wrote:

If you're referring to Mount Pleasant then yes lol. However I'm in Mount Vernon 15 miles west tearing them up! ButI have land permission to Mr. Cavenders land off of hwy 67 and private land adjacent to it if you have any idea where thats at...

I live in Pittsburg and I've hunted Cavenders on 1734 across from 67. There is some mighty good hunting on those properties.
JBurns
hunter

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 pm

JBurns wrote:
QuackkAddictsTX wrote:

I live in Pittsburg and I've hunted Cavenders on 1734 across from 67. There is some mighty good hunting on those properties.

Indeed, mighty fine hunting lol! Went Saturday with a huge group and ended up slaughtering 36 ducks almost entirely mallard and gadwall. One of us managed to kill a canvasback along with a couple of lonely snows.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Postby JBurns » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Only 2 canvasbacks I've killed came off the property on 1734. It's a neat place for sure.
JBurns
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting