lake conroe hunting partner

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

lake conroe hunting partner

Postby coupe1975 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Hello,
I'm new to the site and am not looking for any free handouts and believing scouting an area before you hunt it.
but with that being said, I've hunted lake Conroe several times and have done several days and trips to scout the north end of the lake but come hunting time the birds have changed it up and there's been no luck on the lake for me.

I would like to see if there is any other hunters that hunt Conroe that have any luck or am I just wasting my time on Conroe and need to find another lake. Or are there any hunters who want to try a hunt together? Feel free to email me at david1cando@Hotmail.com
coupe1975
hunter

Re: lake conroe hunting partner

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm

coupe1975 wrote:Hello,
I'm new to the site and am not looking for any free handouts and believing scouting an area before you hunt it.
but with that being said, I've hunted lake Conroe several times and have done several days and trips to scout the north end of the lake but come hunting time the birds have changed it up and there's been no luck on the lake for me.

I would like to see if there is any other hunters that hunt Conroe that have any luck or am I just wasting my time on Conroe and need to find another lake. Or are there any hunters who want to try a hunt together? Feel free to email me at david1cando@Hotmail.com

That lakes gets absolutely hammered bc it is so close to the city... You'll have you best luck hunting a Monday or Tuesday right after a front, that way all the weekend Barneys won't be on the lake!!

Also, you might want to look into a few of the other lakes closer to Houston. They can all be good if hit at the right time!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby coupe1975 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks mojo281. I try to stay off the lake on the weekend because of all the duck dynasty hunters tend to blanket the north end on the lake on the weekends. Mainly hunt m-f. I didn't think Houston was able to be hunted due to the city of Houston taking it over and it now was in city limits.
Is this the case? I've been hunting north Livingston but like Conroe because its close to the house
coupe1975
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:14 pm

coupe1975 wrote:Thanks mojo281. I try to stay off the lake on the weekend because of all the duck dynasty hunters tend to blanket the north end on the lake on the weekends. Mainly hunt m-f. I didn't think Houston was able to be hunted due to the city of Houston taking it over and it now was in city limits.
Is this the case? I've been hunting north Livingston but like Conroe because its close to the house

You are correct, you cannot hunt Lake Houston. I was refering to Livingston and the next lake to the north...
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting