Is TPW outlawing motion decoys?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Is TPW outlawing motion decoys?

Postby t2plant » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:19 pm

I heard from a buddy in Shreveport that Texas is outlawing motion (even air motion) decoys starting this next season. I spoke with a Game Warden a few weeks ago but he did not mention any such thing. Does anyone know if this is true? Nobody asked me what I thought about it!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
t2plant
hunter

Postby champion duck slayer » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:34 pm

Texas is not outlawing motion decoys for 2005-2006 duck season that I know of I've called the main office in austin and was told that they are not but it could change. I know Arkansas is for the 2005-2006 duck season.
IF IT FLYS IT DIES IF IT DONT FLY IT DIES ANYWAY
champion duck slayer
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:06 pm

There has been alot of debate on wether to outlaw spinners or not... spinners ain't the problem. You can only kill your limit, wether you're usin' a spinner or not. IMO, the spinner is not the EVIL beast that alot of folks are tryin' to make them into. If baited holes & live dekes were legal I wonder how many folks would be usin' those too. :withstupid:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby champion duck slayer » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:48 am

The main problem with motion decoys is that to many young birds are getting killed and the older birds are dieing of old age. At least thats what I read in delta waterfowl a couple months ago. It dont matter to me my duck season sucked so bad I thought about selling everything. Na just kiding there always next year
IF IT FLYS IT DIES IF IT DONT FLY IT DIES ANYWAY
champion duck slayer
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:59 am

I guess we were only killin' mature ducks before the spinner. :yes:

I wonder what those #'s would have been if someone had done a similar study in the pre-spinner days. :umm:

I took part in the wing survety a few years back & guess what about 80% of the ducks killed were... the yung 'un's. :withstupid:

I'm not tryin' to be an @$$ but there are too many other variables involved here...

Changes in ag practices

Lateral shifting of the flyways

More rest areas

Poor weather

... the spiiner just isn't the EVIL BREAST that people are tryin' to make it into. :hammering:
Quackcephus
hunter

No they are not ! Texas protects a hunters rights!

Postby CuzTheyFly » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm

Remember that the State of TEXAS is pro hunting and very dedicated to the hunting lifestyle us Texas residents enjoy. Those politicians in the rice field state AR , are much more lax, they blamed a decoy design for thier poor duck numbers! What else is next? Ban magnum duck calls?
===========> <=============
XXXX XXXX
CuzTheyFly
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting