Public Hunting Permit Cost

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Re: Public Hunting Permit Cost

Postby MarkM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:36 pm

TXDuckHuntin wrote:[quote="MarkM][/quote]Simply tell them 0, you didn't harvest anything last year.

Source: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/faq/business/license/[/quote]

Okay great thanks Mark, well probably this check or next going to try and purchase some needed items for a duck hunt and like I said in the beginning try to catch at least 1 round of duck hunting this year.[/quote]

No problem.

Also, I only put the links and information copied straight from the TPWD website so you could see that I wasn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Would rather show you where it came from than have you searching for hours on end :wink:

Good luck man.

You might be better off just hooking up with a guide service if all you are going to do is one hunt, probably be cheaper for you this year, then start to work towards getting gear together.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby TXDuckHuntin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:44 pm

[quote="MarkM]No problem.

Also, I only put the links and information copied straight from the TPWD website so you could see that I wasn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Would rather show you where it came from than have you searching for hours on end :wink:

Good luck man.

You might be better off just hooking up with a guide service if all you are going to do is one hunt, probably be cheaper for you this year, then start to work towards getting gear together.[/quote]

Yes and thank you for the links I was unsure on what to put and didn't want to purchase and then get busted so regardless I need everything listed.

Yeah I was thinking possibly go this year but then because I lack so much gear I was thinking it might just be smartest just to go ahead and stock up on ammo, gear, decoys, all the essentials so that next years season I'm good to go.

I appreciate all the help mark :thumbsup:
4 most American things to do, hunt/fish/work on vehicles/drink not in any specific order.
TXDuckHuntin
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Watch craigslist, you can find gear fairly cheap on there a lot
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby TXDuckHuntin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm very familiar with good ole Craig's list plus I keep an eye on the classifieds here too.

Again thank you for all the help mark :thumbsup:
4 most American things to do, hunt/fish/work on vehicles/drink not in any specific order.
TXDuckHuntin
hunter

Postby Txseaaggie » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 am

MarkM wrote:
TexasHunter96 wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Res hunting license, state migratory stamp, fed stamp, and ur public hunt permit... All necessary.

All this^
Plus hunter ed. You can take the class, or get a deferral. It takes a bit of time, but the class is worth it

You can get hunter safety certification online now if you are over 18 and live within the state of Texas.

Even with the online you still need to do a "field day" with an instructor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Txseaaggie
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 am

Txseaaggie wrote:
MarkM wrote:
TexasHunter96 wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Res hunting license, state migratory stamp, fed stamp, and ur public hunt permit... All necessary.

All this^
Plus hunter ed. You can take the class, or get a deferral. It takes a bit of time, but the class is worth it

You can get hunter safety certification online now if you are over 18 and live within the state of Texas.

Even with the online you still need to do a "field day" with an instructor.

TPWD wrote:Online Course for Complete Certification

The Online Courses for Complete Certification are restricted to persons that are 17 years of age or older.

Upon successful completion of the course you can print out a Temporary Hunter Education Certificate. Your permanent Hunter Education card will be sent to you in the mail.

Pick an online course from the independent vendors below. Fee based on individual vendor. Carefully read and understand the particulars of the independent vendor's offering that you choose. Remember, the Online Courses for Complete Certification are restricted to persons that are 17 years of age or older.

Maybe my reading comprehension isn't correctly working but, what?

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Txseaaggie » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 am

I had to do it 3 years ago.

At the time I read some pages then took a quiz. Think it was like 10 or something. Then printed out my "grade" and did a walk through in a field with few others with an instructor.

Might have changed. Let me see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Txseaaggie
hunter

Postby Txseaaggie » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:11 am

Txseaaggie
hunter

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting