Texas Goose Hunting

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Texas Goose Hunting

Postby Steelshots » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:51 am

Folks,

Does anyone know how the snow goose season is going around the Katy, TX areas? Info. would be appreciated.

KH
Steelshots
Newb

Postby rab ag » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:48 am

not good from the people I've talked to. I teach & live in Katy & many of my students are goose hunters. No good reports from them & we've done horrible on our lease south of Garwood west of Eagle Lake. Small numbers of birds throughout much of the season & the snows were mostly mature & wouldn't decoy. Last week we finally had good numbers of birds & they'd come closer to the electronic caller but only 2 were dumb enough to get lower than 100 yds.
I did hunt with one of Larry Gore's guides back in Jan & he "said" he was averaging 18 birds per hunt (of course that's with his pick of fields & multiple guys scouting where the birds were). We got a total of 15 in the 3 days we were with him.
rab ag
Newb

Return to Texas Duck Hunting