wood ducks at Ray roberts

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

wood ducks at Ray roberts

Postby NS39340 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:47 pm

anyone kill any at ray roberts this year.....i didnt. also anyone know of any good place to kill them maybe buck creek.....(for next season)
NS39340
hunter

Woodies on Ray Bob

Postby Steelshots » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:21 pm

This past season I did not see any woodies. As for Buck Creek, in the past I have had great luck there. This past season it was definitely slow but it sounds as if the season for most was slower than usual.

I will say this, I have hunter Ray Roberts for over 6 years and next year I will be getting on a lease. The past 2-3 years have generally been very slow plus the lake is overhunted.
Steelshots
Newb

Postby txdukhtr » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:05 pm

Hey guys,

I hunt mostly on inland creeks and swamps in central texas and I shot 13 wood ducks this year. Most likely could have killed more, but you are limited to 2 a day. Beautiful birds and thier whistles when they buzz the decoys are great. Maybe next year I can take some of you guys on a wood duck hunt. Next season is a long ways away.
josh
Take em
txdukhtr
hunter

woodducks

Postby woodduckhntr » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:51 pm

i got my two woodducks everyday this year that i hunted and that was almost every day of the season .if anyone would like to give them a try next year and maybe swap a hunt let me know
woodduckhntr
Newb

Return to Texas Duck Hunting