1st duck hunt

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

1st duck hunt

Postby captmikeoutdoors » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:59 am

I had the pleasure of taking a young man ( who is full time 10 yrs + military) from Pennsylvania who now lives in San Antonio on his first duck hunt Sat 12-21. He was deer hunting the Navy base at Kingsville and they don't allow afternoon hunts, so we headed out about 230. With a north wind blowing the first place I was wanting to hunt there were 3 guys in kayaks out wade fishing, ok next spot was about 3/4 mile down and I showed him what looked to be weed line and told him to watch it, as we neared it the red heads began coming up and kept coming. Safely there were 10000 or more in 1/4 mile area, we eased in and began to set up the boat and decoys and the reds kept circling us. We didn't have to wait long after getting deks outs and blind up and the shooting was on. His first was a fully mature red head drake and then a nice hen. I got a pair and by 415 we were trying to entice some others into the spread. The next hour we had red heads setting in the decoys, beside the boat, all around us. Thanks for a great day and look forward to having you back again soon.
Capt. Mike
http://Www.afishingfantasy.com
Attachments
duck hunt dec 21 2013web.jpg
duck hunt dec 21 2013web.jpg (98.86 KiB) Viewed 601 times
captmikeoutdoors
hunter

Re: 1st duck hunt

Postby :-) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Gotta love those Redheads...always ready & willing.
:-)
hunter

Re: 1st duck hunt

Postby Bigredman5223 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Awesome and it's always good to take those guys out for a hunt. I love doing it!!
2013-14 SEASON HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!

GIG' EM AGGIES
Bigredman5223
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting