Texans Tresspassing in Oklahoma

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Postby joemf1985 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:56 pm

In the area I live and hunt in Oklahoma we have a group of young, arrogant, duck hunters that have begun seeping across the Red River to enjoy our states natural resources. These young men have made it their goal this season to hunt where they please without permission on at least 2 seperate occasions. On both of these occasions they have pleaded ignorance, I wont argue that they are ignorant, but I tend to think they are just arrogant guys who have no respect for private land ownership or other hunters in this area of the state. These guys are giving sportsmen a bad name with their disrespectful behavior, and it is time for this to end.

Recomendation #1: If you are going out of state to hunt, read the regulations for the state you are going to hunt in. In Oklahoma there is no public right of way easement on rivers or lakes bordered by private property regarding tresspass, and what I mean by this is if you get out of a boat and your feet touch the ground you are tresspassing. If you jump off a river bridge and walk down the river onto private land you are still tresspassing. It may not be this way in Texas but in Oklahoma you are a tresspasser, poacher, whatever you want to be known as, you choose.

Recomendation #2: If you don't know whose land you are hunting on but think it is probably ok because you havn't been run off of the land on previous attempts to hunt it still isn't ok to continue to hunt it until the land owner catches you. You admitted you have hunted this property for multiple years and have been lucky enough to not get caught on multiple occasions. Buy a platt map and figure out where you are hunting, don't just go where you want to go and plan on begging for forgiveness. You said you didn't want to spend the money on a platt map but strangely you have a trailer full of decoys and stickers down the side that say "Red Dirt Fowlers" big enough for you to see from outer space, so I guess your right just save that $60 and hunt wherever you please. Nevermind the camera gear you boys have to film your hunts while you tresspass, or the fuel to drive here from all over Texas.

Last, bringing up clients and tresspassing on guided hunts, whether donated at a benefit auction or whether you all were profiting is still ridiculous behavior. Please stay in Texas or abide by the law, which I doubt you will do. This area and state has seen enough of you poachers for good!
joemf1985
hunter

Re: Texans Tresspassing in Oklahoma

Postby MarkM » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 am

Why don't you just call Johnny Law on them when you see them...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 am

I'll be sure to pass this message along to the entire state of Texas so no one does this ever again, pinky promise. Love how you just assume it's people from Texas and not the ethical, honest, hard working citizens of Oklahoma. You throw out some pretty big generalizations there but we all know the real reason why Texas doesn't fall into the gulf, it's because Oklahoma sucks.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby joemf1985 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:41 am

I know they are from Texas because I have talked with the guys. They are from Waxahachie, DFW area, and College Station. I am not generalizing Texans in one bunch, just wanted to let these guys know we don't tolerate their behavior up here. I welcome others to come to the state and hunt if they are going to follow the law. I know the names of each of them, but am not going to post that on this forum. The law has been called on both instances but game wardens are stretched pretty thin in our state as it is, and these guys lied their way out of the first offense. This type of behavior shouldn't be condoned, and if you were a landowner you would understand the frustration with paying for land, farming the land, and then having people trespass and poach on you. Again not generalizing all Texans in this group, I am mainly suggesting if you are going out of state you should read the regulations of the state you intend to hunt in.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:03 am

If they are trespassing then call sheriffs or local police officers. They can handle that as well as green jeans can. Ranting on an online forum about 5 people from an entire state will not do you any good.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby CCducker » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 am

....Most of us educate ourselves quite well before going out of state, but thankyou :rolleyes:.

They seem to have a prominent Facebook and YouTube channel.....SO instead of posting in a public forum about "Texans" trespassing how about you deal with them directly. I don't think anyone appreciates your generalizations or assumptions, even if they weren't intentionally offensive.

So, again go deal with them directly don't stir up trouble where there isn't any... :fingerpt:

I have dealt with a handful of ignorant and close minded people from your state on a few occasions.

Go bother them! :hi:

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RedDirtFowlers

Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/reddirtfowlers

Twitter
https://twitter.com/reddirtfowlers

One of their guys is on this pro staff
http://www.legironcalls.com/pro_staff.php
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby CCducker » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 am

REALLY???

You decided to stir up trouble in two forums! :lol3:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=393929
The Producers

I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:30 am

Not stirring up trouble just want to get the word out so if you are a part of this behavior or see someone doing this you can stop it. If you are bothered by the post chances are you are doing something illegal or unethical as it is. These guys have tarnished there reputation up here and now are making it tougher to get permission for locals who do things the right way, because they are irritating so many landowners whose knee jerk reaction is to pull access completely for hunting.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:58 am

So the next person from Oklahoma that trespasses in any state will just be grouped together with the rest of the responsible hunters, because a few people are upset about it.

Get in touch with who the one person guides for, and work from there. Crying here isn't doing any good.

Call LEO's while they are breaking the law, not just GWs. They can arrest people for breaking laws as well, believe it or not.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:49 pm

I think that what the Texans here are trying to say is your post is misdirected and possibly incendiary .I am sympathetic to your frustration but must agree that it's best not to lump a whole group of people with the few you were unfortunate to have issue with. Especially with statements that "if the post bothers you, you are probably doing something illegal as well". My advice, unsolicited I know, is that you make more of an effort locally to stop these trespasses. Good luck.
tako1972
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Sounds like the good ole state of Oklahoma is illegaly trying to overturn Federal law when it comes to rivers in your state... They have every right as citizens of the US to access the Red River by the Federal definition of navigable in law.

http://www.nationalrivers.org/2013%2010%20NATIONAL%20handout%20on%208x11.pdf

http://www.nationalrivers.org/river-fact-or-fiction.html

Go cry somewhere else!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Not crying or whining just informing and warning but I will generalize again and say you texans sure get your feelings hurt easy.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:09 pm

joemf1985 wrote:Not crying or whining just informing and warning but I will generalize again and say you texans sure get your feelings hurt easy.

That is why we started two threads to complain :thumbsup:

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby daddyhuck » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:36 pm

So, you are having trouble with people crossing your southern border and using your resources for free? Sounds like you ARE in Texas.
If you know they lied than why do you believe them when they tell you they are from Texas?
daddyhuck
hunter

Postby adamski96 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:56 pm

joemf1985 wrote: If you are bothered by the post chances are you are doing something illegal or unethical as it is.

I will personally vouch that CCDucker is not that kind of person. I have hunted with him regularly for many years and know for fact that he will put in more time and effort locating, scouting, and verifying legality than anyone I know.

It's as simple as calling the law when they are doing it and put an end to it. If you say they are lying about themselves, take pictures of it happening to show the officers, take pictures of their facebook and website to show them as well. There's plenty of ways to disprove a liar! Sounds more like someone just wants to whine about it cause they are too lazy to actually do something about it. If it were me or every other "TEXAN" I know, it wouldn't have happened a second time...!
adamski96
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:19 am

You sound like you need a bowl of hot gumbo ...
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby CCducker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:57 pm

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States."

14th amendment

:yes:
The Producers

CCducker
hunter

Postby scovey42 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:20 am

We have obviously lost focus on what this post is truly about. It is about a group of guys that call themselves Red Dirt Fowlers and quite frequently travel to SW Oklahoma to waterfowl hunt and have been caught several times trespassing. That’s it – no more, no less.

We seem to have gotten off track debating whether or not waterways are public land or not. THAT’S NOT THE ISSUE. A group of guys that are from Texas trespassing in SW Oklahoma IS the issue.

We also seem to have lost focus and want to defend all inhabitants of one state; Texas and Oklahoma. Are all people from TX trespassers? Are all people from Oklahoma trespassers? Obviously, NO. However ALL people that trespass are TRESPASSERS (PERIOD). This group of guys happen to be from Texas. If they were from Oklahoma I’d say “String ‘em up” as well. I don’t care where they live.

Back to the waterways debate, it is obviously just that…a debate. If you are from TX you will more than likely interpret the laws pertaining to waterways differently than if you are from OK. Both sides can point to source documentation to support their argument. The only true answer would come from a judge and how he/she decides to interpret the law on that particular day. So back to the group of guys from TX that are trespassing. For the sake of debate, let’s take their “trespassing/not trespassing” time they were caught on the Red River and throw that out. They were also caught trespassing on a very good friend on mine’s wheat field; no waterway involved. That’s black and white – no debate. They were trespassing. THAT my waterfowl friends IS the issue.

So why would someone come into a chat room (both OK and TX) and bring up this issue of trespassing? Well, lets look at it this way. If I had information that a rash of burglaries were happening in my neighborhood I would (and I assume everyone on here would do the same) let everyone in my neighborhood know what was going on so they could be vigilant in protecting their house and watching out for everyone else in the neighborhood. That’s what the intent of this post was. Texas is a neighbor to Oklahoma and as neighbors we should watch out for each other. When one of us has information about illegal activity going on in the others backyard then for God’s sake let the other one know.

Have a blessed day and happy waterfowling!
scovey42
Newb

Postby joemf1985 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Great post scovey, yes this was my intent in starting the thread (to warn/educate about these guys poor behavior). I had no intentions of getting into arguments over constitutional law and like you stated above I could care less where the trespassers were from, I was just calling a spade a spade.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:29 pm

I actually went to college with Ethan. One of the guys that started the Red Dirt Fowlers. They have a Facebook page. Maybe shoot them a message?

Do the ducks in Oklahoma cook meth too?

I have nothing else to add.
rrkyle
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:12 am

Without touching on waterway legalities etc., I'd say the original post got the response from the group here it deserved. If you need someone to come behind you and clean up your words, accusations and intent than maybe collaborate ahead of time as to not to spark an unwanted response.
tako1972
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:57 am

scovey42 wrote:We have obviously lost focus on what this post is truly about. It is about a group of guys that call themselves Red Dirt Fowlers and quite frequently travel to SW Oklahoma to waterfowl hunt and have been caught several times trespassing. That’s it – no more, no less.

We seem to have gotten off track debating whether or not waterways are public land or not. THAT’S NOT THE ISSUE. A group of guys that are from Texas trespassing in SW Oklahoma IS the issue.

The focus of the post was lost from the get go. Take it up with the offenders, posting a blanket ***** about TEXANS trespassing in OK doesn't exactly accomplish anything. But thank you ... happy hunting to you as well.

My family's duck, deer and turkey camp was burned down in Alabama once ... obvious arson case, there were empty fuel cans left in the yard - but I'm not over on the Alabama board posting threads called - "Alabama Boys Burn Down Duck Camps".
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:04 pm

scovey42 wrote:We have obviously lost focus on what this post is truly about. It is about a group of guys that call themselves Red Dirt Fowlers and quite frequently travel to SW Oklahoma to waterfowl hunt and have been caught several times trespassing. That’s it – no more, no less.

We also seem to have lost focus and want to defend all inhabitants of one state; Texas and Oklahoma. Are all people from TX trespassers? Are all people from Oklahoma trespassers? Obviously, NO. However ALL people that trespass are TRESPASSERS (PERIOD). This group of guys happen to be from Texas. If they were from Oklahoma I’d say “String ‘em up” as well. I don’t care where they live.

Back to the waterways debate, it is obviously just that…a debate. If you are from TX you will more than likely interpret the laws pertaining to waterways differently than if you are from OK. Both sides can point to source documentation to support their argument. The only true answer would come from a judge and how he/she decides to interpret the law on that particular day. So back to the group of guys from TX that are trespassing. For the sake of debate, let’s take their “trespassing/not trespassing” time they were caught on the Red River and throw that out. They were also caught trespassing on a very good friend on mine’s wheat field; no waterway involved. That’s black and white – no debate. They were trespassing. THAT my waterfowl friends IS the issue.

So why would someone come into a chat room (both OK and TX) and bring up this issue of trespassing? Well, lets look at it this way. If I had information that a rash of burglaries were happening in my neighborhood I would (and I assume everyone on here would do the same) let everyone in my neighborhood know what was going on so they could be vigilant in protecting their house and watching out for everyone else in the neighborhood. That’s what the intent of this post was. Texas is a neighbor to Oklahoma and as neighbors we should watch out for each other. When one of us has information about illegal activity going on in the others backyard then for God’s sake let the other one know.

Hahaha!! OP needed back up so he had a friend join the forum... Welcome aboard scovey :welcome:

All Texans poach and all Oklahomos are either a methead or indian... That's just how it is!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting