free puplic land advice!!!

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

free puplic land advice!!!

Postby frydaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:16 pm

scouting a spot on public land and getting to that spot before other hunters is as big a part of this sport as the taking of the birds. so if you show up where other people are parked and you walk into a spot where others are already set up and you get close enough to ask them if you are too close the answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the last thing a guy who has been set up posably for hours before you get there at shooting time is for you to try and tell him it is public land!!!!!!!! HE ALREADY KNOWS THAT.

last thing knew guys stop asking where to and start asking how to! pm almost anyone with how to questions and you will be surprised how much help this site can be, and you might even get invited to hunt with someone who will be happy to show you how too"s
frydaddy
hunter

Re: free puplic land advice!!!

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Feel better? Lol

Oh the joys of public hunting....
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby frydaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:34 pm

a little!! just had a bad couple weekends. with some real winners. but I know there are some good guys out there.
frydaddy
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Lol yeah I always get stuck with the winners near me when I try to get adventurous and hunt public.
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby MarkM » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Lol yeah I always get stuck with the winners near me when I try to get adventurous and hunt public.

Don't be jealous of my dozen decoys and five mojos.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:04 pm

MarkM wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Lol yeah I always get stuck with the winners near me when I try to get adventurous and hunt public.

Don't be jealous of my dozen decoys and five mojos.

Ha! More like dozen mojos and 5 decoys!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Saturday morning i hunted in an area thats accesible by boat or on foot, anyways i took the easy way out and went in by boat since the walk is such a miserable walk and i set up on this pond that was maye 50yds wide and maybe 100yds long. I got everything set up and waited until shooting time. Sat there and wasnt seeing a whole lot so i got nice and comfy in my chair and just relaxed. I was starting to doze off when i heard the sound of decoys banging together and i stood up to find 2 guys walking to the pond i was in (a good hour after LST) *** right? So i walked out into my decoys and hollered at them if they saw me (I had 2 mojo's and 2 wonderducks running how could they have not seen me?) the answer i got was "yeah i see you, we're gonna set up on this side of the pond so we're not shooting at you". So by the time i got over there they were starting to put decoys out and i walked around and picked every single one of them up and handed them back to the guys and told them to leave before i called the GW. Law says hunters must be at least 200yds from each othere, we would have been 50...maybe. So they got the rest of the stuff and went and set up 200yds from me in a smaller pond and sky blasted anything that flew by...needless to say i hate public hunting.
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am

get_off_my_lawn.jpg
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby MarkM » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:07 am

I fine tuned my duck call to where it makes the best hail calls around. That is why it's all I blow on this sucka
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting