Spring Snows

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Spring Snows

Postby rapidrdr » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Greetings.........Looking for guided spring snow goose hunts for my dad and I. Dad just turned 86 and it has been a dream of his to hunt snows in Texas. So, any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, own fishing lodge on Trinity River, Ca, so would be willing to set anyone interested in premier salmon and steelhead angling (drift boat).......would be more than happy to work something out.....thanks for any help you can give.....
Take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men.
Go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, dismiss whatever insults your own soul.
Walt Whitman
rapidrdr
hunter

Re: Spring Snows

Postby tako1972 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:44 pm

rapidrdr, there are some outfitters known for doing good on the snows but the honest truth is now the snow action is "better" in the sense of more birds in states to the north of us, for a multitude of reasons. Another thing that comes to mind is that to really put yourself in the best possible position you have to have the flexibility to go when the outfitter says it's go time. That being said we are going this year but like I said , we have to be flexible and go where the birds are. If you really want to come to Texas, I would be happy to pass along some names and I'm sure some others here would be happy to give you some pointers as well.
tako1972
hunter

Re: Spring Snows

Postby Crazy Matt » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:06 am

Go North. In ten years there won't be a snow goose in Texas. It's been in decline every year. Places like Arkansas and Missouri are great places to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Return to Texas Duck Hunting